Mark Hoffman aka Gumbytrain, creator of RS3 Alco

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
Hi folks

wondering if anyone knows if Mark Hoffman is still active in the Trainz community. I've reskinned his RS3 Alco, I've sent am email but just checking Mark's activty level.

Col:
I'm fairly certain Mark Hoffmann is no longer active in trains. However if I recall correctly, a few years ago the crew at ProTrainz contacted Mark and his colleague and were given permission to post several of their creations on the ProTrainz site. You could check there to see if that is one of the assets and if not you can probably upload your reskin with proper credit given to Mark.
G

Col:
I'm fairly certain Mark Hoffmann is no longer active in trains. However if I recall correctly, a few years ago the crew at ProTrainz contacted Mark and his colleague and were given permission to post several of their creations on the ProTrainz site. You could check there to see if that is one of the assets and if not you can probably upload your reskin with proper credit given to Mark.
G

Hi Gary

I have seen a few reskins of the RS3 on the DLS and wondered how those people have gotten permission. There are some recent RS3 uploads as well.

I'm always vey careful when distrubuting anyone's property. I've looked in the config file of the RS3s and there isn't really anything that states that it can't be distributed via the DLS, but then again it doesn't say your free to do so either.

Is anyone sure and certain that the ok has been given for people distribute the RS3s via the DLS.??

I believe that you can release the content by Gumbytrain without permission now. I know that there have been several RS3s that have popped up on the DLS without individual permission lately.

Back