Contacting Some Content Creators

Hi all,

I'm still working on getting my route released, and all I need is some content authors' permission to release (for free, of course... the route will be freeware) some of their assets I had to modify for my route. I tried emailing all of them, but never got a reply from some, so I wanted to know if anyone knows the authors, if they're still active in the community, and if not, what the best thing to do with their content would be (whether it'd be fine to release my modified versions of the assets while giving them credit for the originals, or to replace them with something else). Some of the assets were released as long as 16 or 17 years ago, so I feel like some of the authors may not be active in the community anymore.

The authors in question include:

-denlog, aka Trainz666
-Edward W. Wells
-wiley4
-engfer

So if anyone knows how to contact them, and if not, the best way to deal with the content, I would appreciate any input. Thank you!

whether it'd be fine to release my modified versions of the assets while giving them credit for the originals, or to replace them with something else
Unless the license states very clearly you are allowed to release a modified version of the asset, you are not allowed to release the modified asset in any way shape or form. So in most cases your only option will be to replace them with something else.

I would suggest posting screenshots of the (modified) assets and ask if people in the community might know a good replacement for it. If you get really lucky, a content creator might respond with "I can make you something to replace that".

Great suggestion, I didn't think about doing that. That'd be a good bet for some content. Thanks for the quick and helpful feedback!

Back