TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

@ Starrywarz:

These locos will be part of the new Avery – Drexel bundle coming out with T:ANE.

@ gp792:

Whats new in Avery – Drexel:

Well as you can see at all the screens I posted during the last month, I updated the whole route to 100% season change support. In my point of view that is the biggest innovation and it was my largest intention to get this done. Besides the speed trees there was not a single asset inside the TS2010 Avery-Drexel-Route which supported season change. Therefore I needed to create about 1000 assets again from scratch to replace all the DLS content once been used inside the TS2010 Avery-Drexel-Route. In addition to this I had to update my own assets to implement season change functionality onto these assets too.

In addition to this I solved some landscape details which I created in an incorrect way due to several missing information back in 2009.
As you can see at the screens I posted during the last month (just go back inside the forum pages) I significantly improved the appearance of Avery, Id as well as of Saltese, Mt. Some years ago I did not know about the two sidings as Saltese, Mt just west of the viaduct – now these sidings has been implemented. Just to name two places where I significantly improved the route.
But still the biggest change is the seasonal update. Now the user can choose to play in a summer or a snowy winter season rather than just to have a summer route.

And for route builders it should be of interest that this about 1000 seasonal assets (tracks, roads, rivers, bridges, houses, sheds, structures, fences, ground textures and many many more) can be used to create new routes which than will support 100% season change as well.

Off course a seasonal route needs seasonal locos and rolling stock. Therefore I created a lot of fright cars which all supports the latest features like automated random running numbers, animated air hoses and season change. And because seasonal cars needs to be loaded with seasonal products, I also created a big set of several different products. But just take a little time to go back in this thread pages and you will see a lot of screens showing what I described here.

At the moment I am about to create the last required loco updates and the sessions. The minimum goal is to provide similar sessions like in TS2010 but this time one in summer and one in snowy winter time. If there is more time, I will create even more sessions – including the use of electric power exclusively (EF4 tandems in front and a three unit EF1 as mid train hill helper).

Your’s TUME

Okay I really really want that loco haha so I may have to splurge and get T:ANE with your DLC. I have one question first. Does anyone have the minimum system requirements for the game? I can run 12 on my comp just fine after I changed some of my original settings. I just dont want to put $$$ into a game where I dont have a computer yet for it. I am rebuilding a desktop to be a super good computer for my games, but that takes time and $$ and I have school bills to pay right now. MIN system requirements for T:ANE

Okay I really really want that loco haha so I may have to splurge and get T:ANE with your DLC. I have one question first. Does anyone have the minimum system requirements for the game? I can run 12 on my comp just fine after I changed some of my original settings. I just dont want to put $$$ into a game where I dont have a computer yet for it. I am rebuilding a desktop to be a super good computer for my games, but that takes time and $$ and I have school bills to pay right now. MIN system requirements for T:ANE

Here you go. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?113153-TANE-Hardware-Discussion

Had extra time so i made myself a new toy. easiest way to upload it was through steam. Link below-->

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297164953

I know its not 100% accurate to what the unit actually was, but I used a blank canvas sd40-2 in making this so i went with what I had.

Hallo - don't care - nearly all people who creates content today started up in doing some repaint stuff. My first one was a canadian loco and I once met the real this about the same level as you did.
And as always, the most important thing is - we like waht we are doing.

Thanks for sharing the screen link.

Your's TUME

PS: Sorry for such a late response but I needed to get project stuff finished for T:ANE

Hallo,

during the weekend the last steps has been done to provide the Bitterroot Section of the Milwaukee Road in a full season changeable way.

Here some screens from a busy yard at Avery, Id – in summer and snowy winter season.

14849050097_d52e6378cf_o.jpg

14849038577_8f92194e20_o.jpg

15039988342_b44ba434b2_o.jpg

15040351435_2ff127c765_o.jpg

14853631429_f5984f5b4a_o.jpg

15017348176_02037a2ee1_o.jpg

15039986832_a56c6b0c8c_o.jpg

15017346976_b405a47c98_o.jpg

Your’s TUME

The snow-covered EF1 and EF4 look really cool tume. And this will be one very impressive route in T:ANE, especially with all of those neat seasonal assets.

hello,

Recently i was working on another Milwaukee Road reskin for my personal use. My goal was the final freight paint scheme used on SD40-2's.

milw0197.jpg

I started with your milw 176 unit that I had installed and was able to get almost everything done on it. I did not darken the black paint as it would be on a newer paint and I also did not get the window frame to be white. I don't really care about those two things as they are not greatly important.

However I am reaching out to you for help only if and when you have time with the numbering of the unit. I have added ARN scripts to the loco and it has ARN on it but since I believe you are the original creator of the mesh I would need your help to have alpha number plates added to the side of the loco where the number is in the picture above, and also in the number board box.

I know you are very busy with T:ANE and other things and I will be very busy soon with school starting up again. If you are unable to help me at this time or at all I completely understand.

THANKS - STARRYWARZ

@gp792:

Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes you should find about thousand seasonal assets - tracks, roads, rivers, bridges, ground textures, special structures, cars and construction equipment, grass, corn, irrigation, small and tall houses and business buildings, sheds and eventually a lot of rolling stock including its load - and all seasonal. I even created two seasonal PCC streetcars - one SEPTA and one SFMTA - as well as a BN-SD40-2 and a UP-SD40-2.
My aim was not only to push my own projects to a seasonal state, I also like the mind that other route builder will have a lot of seasonal content to create there own seasonal routes. And eventually I hope that other content creators will see how nice season change comes along and that they will start creating seasonal stuff too - which I could use to extend the MILW project - without the need to create every content by myself :)

@ Starrywarz:
Are you familiar with gmax or a similar mesh content creation software?

Your's TUME

I have heard of gmax but havent used it before. I do have several of PEV's software such as attachment maker, but not any true mesh creation stuff.

I am not aiming to make a whole new mesh for my skin, I just need to add the alpha number plates to the sides of the engine and numberboards. I was under the impression that in order to add them it must be to the original mesh.

Hallo,

yes I know what you are looking for. But with a little knowledge in mesh creating I would have told you a way to create and to add your needed numberboards by yourself :)
Led me see in my old folders containing the mesh files of the SD40-2 you have now as well. Perhaps I can do some fast creations to help you out with the number boards :)

Your's TUME

I did download gmax and then found the trainz asset creation kit, i messed around a little bit with it but have not had much time to do anything big and successful. mostly just getting a feel for it with the few and limited trainz gmax files they gave me haha!

@JIb228:

Yes – you are right. I probably putted a little too much snow onto the part of the texture which used for the side mesh of the rails. There will be a possibility to introduce an update of that track texture later on.

@ Alizee84:

These freight cars have been created by me and its part of the Avery-Drexel-Bundle. The cars as well all of its seasonal loads will become available via N3V as part of my MILW project.

Your’s TUME

Hello tume,

I would have sent you a private message, but your message box was full. I have repainted your Milwaukee box cabs for a fictional railroad of mine. I was hoping that you would allow me to release the repaints of the box cabs and their bogeys to the DLS in order to be used for multiplayer purposes and ease of access. The current skin of mine is fairly basic and is temporary until I find the time to improve upon what I have done.

Here is a picture of what I have done so far. https://flic.kr/p/p8iXi5

I intended to create four different sets with the numbers 17 through 20.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

GN1996

Last edited:
i am very sad to say that i have not made any progress on my skins on the final milwaukee paint scheme.....and to make things worse, there is a part that i noticed while researching other milwaukee road things, that i did not notice, making my progress even further back

Hallo,

just some screens about the work at the Alberton extension of the Avery-Drexel-Project.
Here you can see the first trail of land decoration after a bulk work of terrain modifications, done by following the information from Google-Maps, USGS-Topo-Maps and The Ron V. Nixon Collection.
For the land decoration I used my own seasonal assets and TS12-built-in speed trees.

A transcontinental westbound freight train, led by three SD40-2 moves along Clark Fork River about two Miles east of St. Regis, Mt.
At the other side of the River are the BN tracks running from Missoula, Mt along Clark Fork River to Paradise, Mt where this line joints into the mainline to Sandpoint. Today this line is owned by BNSF and still in use while the the Milwaukee Road tracks has all been removed long ago.

Both Railroads maintained a connection at St. Regis which has been constructed to provide access for NP-trains (later BN-trains) to the Lookout-Pass-Line getting of the Milwaukee Road at Haugan, Mt. Originally NP had its own tracks between St. Regis and Haugan. But after a water flood destroyed the valley between Haugan and St. Regis in 1933, the Railroads agreed about the trackage sharing rather than to rebuilt both lines along St.Regis River.

In the upper right corner of the last screenshot you can recognize the embankment of a small gravel road. This gravel road, called Slow Way Road, is still in use today and provides access to several houses, a small farm land and to the forest.

15497854645_751674e054_o.jpg

15311131950_786b82e904_o.jpg

15311129810_393a73eacd_o.jpg

15497856635_d69bc38978_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Just got Trainz 12 and disappointingly, this route is no longer included. A shame as I like it (although it needs some pretty hefty graphics power)

Any idea if we can either download for Trainz 12 or get the route from Trainz 2010 Engineers' Edition (which I also have) into Trainz 12?

Back