UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

On the St Ives Branch-line between Carbis Bay and Lelant, Cornwall
1135c59cfe3452703fa5ffea32a0700a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

@ R3 - Stunning work, looks more real then in TANE :)

@ Bob Cooper - Love those pics mate, very scenic.

@ Dave - nice pic of your WIP

Something about English railways that is just majestic. Must get to the UK sometime and go for a few train journey's.

Unfortunately my computer isn't a super duper gaming rig, it's more of 3 year old desktop jobby from PC world so it cannot produce the amazing screenshots like the ones previous but I hope these'll do. Having the shadow setting set to high nearly made it blow up.
Hi klambert, actually it can. I only use a laptop with a very basic dedicated graphics chip and probably not any better than you computer. It's all about HD textures and assets and using manual post processing settings even with shadows off. Manual post processing allows you to set sharpen on an image and there are about a hundred HD textures built in to TANE (most start with ts09 or ts12). Setting fog to off or minimal helps too. As I did, have a play with the settings and you will start taking outstanding screenshots, even with an older computer. Check out Australian screenshots from page 2020 and in TANE in development a post processing tutorial by Itadriver.
cheers Graeme

Thank you Tanvarus.

Have exchanged a few items for more realistic content. I need to swap the flagstone pavement for asphalt, but can't find asphalt corners/ends. The old mill works for the warehouse, it's almost spot on. The warehouse is still intact, as is the goods shed. The Country Cottages are a little oversize, so I changed those. The almshouses look better than previous, just need to do a bit of gardening and add walls. Can't think why the GNR planted a tall signal half way up the platform.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the feedback on my screenshots. I am hoping to upload the route to the DLS in the not too distant future, but no promises when. The track isn't actually procedural- it's a new and quite low poly track with LOD that I've thrown together, with separate check rail assets. My personal thoughts on procedural track is that T:ANE appears to struggle with it on high detail routes and that it isn't worth the effort of super-detailed track if it doesn't draw reliably when moving around the route.

I need to swap the flagstone pavement for asphalt, but can't find asphalt corners/ends.

@escafeld- try either Pavement Asphalt 2.4m Bendy, KUID:134105:27510 (other widths also available), or SD.2.1 Gehweg Aspalt S 2m, KUID:121616:110197. No ends for either of these but they will stand bending round a tight corner. Your Spilsby is looking good, and a lot further on than mine:):
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

R3

Hi R3,

Gorgeous shots, very inspirational! If you don't mind my asking, what roads and hedges are you using? Also, which bridge is that crossing the railway?
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

R3......that 70 though!!! Have you managed to get one in Colas livery yet?

I was going to have an early night, but as ever your screenshots have encouraged me to go and work on my routes.......thank you......

R3, your screenshots are truly amazing and inspired me to move up to T:ANE. Thanks for sharing them with us and showing the potential of this captivating hobby.

Regards, Andy

Thanks everyone- really flattered.

@PortLineParker

The road bridge is a combination of FMA UK arches w08 1, KUID2:149987:30200:1, and FMA UK viaduct wall brick 03 5m, KUID2:149987:30308:1. The roads are the CL road series of varying widths, by clam1952, with separate white lines from the UK mkg series by paulzmay. Hedges are CL Hedge 01b, KUID2:425700:100732:1.

@LCH- not a big fan of the Colas livery, so might leave that to others when I finally get round to releasing it!

Cheers

R3

Thanks R3, downloading right now. I like your version of Spilsby. It's all very slow going in TS12 since the content isn't listed under their respective headings. You have to wade through tons of stuff to find anything. Have you have created a steam loco, btw?

Back