UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

And, of course, the unasked question is... ;)

Are they, or will they be, available on DLS?

I'm just waiting to see what the outcome is of the proposed changes to the DLS .

28753520826_4288be447e_b.jpg

The lift shafts and station building are my own work , They are based on how Leeds City station looked in the 1970s and early 80s .

When I first looked at the image, and with the name Kates Hill, I first thought it was your idea of a modernised Dudley.

dudley(harden1950s)3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice screenshot Evertrainz! Are those new Mk1's on the left or are they reskins of the S&C Mk1's?

Thanks, they are MK1's which I'd salvaged from the old TC3 site (DRM-free assets) and 'reskinned', if you'd call it that. The only reason I did so was to darken the underframes and bogies to look good in TANE. Also I've added a tracksound to the bogies. I absolutely love these, and am hoping to get Mike10's permission to re-release these.

A little experiment I'm working on. Based off the valley the WCML goes through near Grayrigg in Cumbria. The terrain was generated using a program called World Machine, using a predetermined layout, a bit of noise and a hell of a lot of erosion. The terrain still isn't perfect (I want the valley longer, narrower and much lower), and these screenshots only have initial basic texturing, along with a set of temporary catenary. This is nowhere near perfect (there are grades of 5% in this screenshot, and a 9% grade behind the camera) but I'd thought I'd share it. When this is perfect the grades will be around a 50th of what they are now, and the curves will be suitable for at least 75mph, and at a push 100.
exton32_20160810_0002.jpg

Re-started my route a few months ago, now I've finally got round to using TS12.

In the distance is Meadow Grove, a very small town of about 100 people, most of which work in Exton, which is a few miles further down the track.
exton32_20160818_0002.jpg

My terrain experiment which I posted earlier in the thread will be used on this line, once it starts getting into the hills. Here's what they should look like. I made the terrain using the basic version of World Machine which limits the heightmaps to 513 by 513px, but to get the resolution right I need a bigger image, so when the time comes, I'll buy the full version (which is definitely worth it) and make a very large displacement map. The terrain is 16 by 16km, so it's going to need quite a few baseboards.

This isn't the final terrain, I still need to cut a small valley for a stream which splits and runs down each side of the valley.
terrain.png

Last edited:
I think there are only one or two here who can show off content on routes from any other continent and get away with it like a local but you sir are in a class of your own ( In a nice way too Eric LOL ) Well done once again mate you never fail to amaze.
Cheers Mick.:)

The 66 wouldn't be able to run in the UK without a yellow panel, and I think some of those wagons wouldn't be used here either. And all lines in the UK are fenced off. You can kinda tell that you don't live here. :hehe:
They are brilliant atmospheric shots though, the Class 66 reskin is awesome.

True, the lines are fenced off normally, but in Lincolnshire there are stretches of line that have no fencing. The Boston-Skegness line has lengths with none at all, but usually where there is no access e.g. agricultural land and track with dykes running alongside. The are places where there is fencing, but running some distance from the side of the tracks, so it is possible to photograph the railway, but not see the fence.

Hi Erik, the wagons are 'out of gauge' for running on British railways, they would hit most of the bridges. Also, there are occasions when trains run in the 'wrong direction' and this is running in the wrong direction for normal travel. Did you really mean to post this as UK Screenshot, or is some thread missing some very nice screenshots? Regards, Dave

Back