Marta CQ312 reskin to DC Metrorail

h9000

Washington DC Metro rail project (was Marta CQ312 reskin to DC Metrorail)

I know they aren't the same trains but they are very similar so I made a reskin.

Now if only I had model Metrorail station.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Last edited:
It's about time the DC Metro got recognized in TRS! They are so sweet! I already have the METRO and MARTA set, but I could use another one. :D

h9000 I have completed fixing them for you:)
Here they are, each line has 3 different kinds of cars,starting from the closest,the 25th aniversery edition,and advetising wrap edition and a dental wrap edition.:D

Blue line:
DCmetroblue.jpg

Green line:
DCmetrogreen.jpg

Orange line:
DCmetroorange.jpg

Red line:
DCmetrored.jpg

Yellow line:
DCmetroyellow.jpg

h9000 I have completed fixing them for you:)
Here they are, each line has 3 different kinds of cars,starting from the closest,the 25th aniversery edition,and advetising wrap edition and a dental wrap edition.:D

Blue line:
DCmetroblue.jpg

Green line:
DCmetrogreen.jpg

Orange line:
DCmetroorange.jpg

Red line:
DCmetrored.jpg

Yellow line:
DCmetroyellow.jpg

excellent!!!! :p

looking good :)
ive ridden the DC metro a good couple of times and am glad to see it reproduced for trs.

Looks like the metro to me. You just need a way to overpower the user with a musty smell every time you go into cab view. (assuming that these are the ones that have just gotten out of storage)

If you need any sounds for it I can record them on the way home from school tomorrow.:)

That would be great if you could get some sounds. I found the old "door closing" sound but I don't have the new version.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gny_ulsLuTc

There we are this has about all the variatons in one clip!

Fantastic to see by the way, finally someone is attempting this! and a station too!!! Hoping for some overground stuff (Silver Spring?) as well!!

One thing with the reskin, although it looks great, is it possible to make the Metro logo a tad higher resolution? Also, even if the lighting doesnt change, it would helpt the front if the light textures were made level as on the real thing!

Very happy to see this!:D

I can't move the light textures, it is a seperate texture and the location is programmed into the mesh which I can't edit. I painted the top lights brown to hide them but I can't easily even out the bottom lights.

I have experimented with a higher res texture map but it would change the size of the texture map from 3mb to 12mb.

Another problem with my reskin is the logos are backwards on one side because they are in a different location on the train than the MARTA logos so they don't get flipped.

Back