ugly trains

If you ask me, I think that the Class 42s and 52s are pretty unattractive.

Kieran.

I used to think Wizzos were ugly, but then acquired a soft spot after seeing that they handled major express duties in the Western. I've made peace, and may or may not be bringing its ugly beauty to Trainz. ;)

As for the Warships (D800's), they are still unsightly to me...

Sorry Norfolk Soutern, but You Goofed up with the Cab

NS8501km2_zpsliko3jfv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

@EverTrainz
I've always thought the Fell diesel would look a lot better if they simply chopped off the noses and did away with the leading and trailing bogeys. It might even look rather cute.

@jordan412
I think it looks strikingly rugged. Has a somewhat dominating and over-confident air to it, like it thinks it can pull a full oil train solo.

Peter

What is the economics behind using petrol instead of diesel apart from a possible easier start process?

Peter

"Gas fuelling offers lower emissions than a diesel locomotive, but the main interest is in cost reduction, with the trials suggesting it could cut annual energy costs by 20% compared to a conventional locomotive."

Railway Gazette article on the gas-fuelled TEM19...

Looks like they tried to be as economical as possible with that gas-powered one. No hood over what I assume is the gas tank at the rear, little to no attempt at creating a cleaner outline of the roof. I'd guess that a lot of savings in that loco comes from its no-frills design.
Very interesting, despite that.

Peter, PerRock said gasoline. To me gasoline is what I know as petrol (car fuel), It seems from later comment it is using compressed gas-butane, propane, CNG. Anyway its off topic.

Peter

Back