ugly trains

Flying_Scotsman_in_Doncaster.JPG

Honestly it has fat thighs and those deflectors look like dogs ears.

Hes never been the same since he changed his name. I'm worried about him.

LOL

Jamie

Most US locomotives were not streamlined, and had plumbing hung all over the outside (which makes them look like awesome burley beasts).

European locomotives oftentimes had cowling and shrouds that were elegant, and art deco-ish (some were beautiful works of art).
img_83842.jpg

Last edited:
Those smoke deflecters are German-type ones, it looks much better without them. As for deadpoolmx55, has anybody considered that he might not be jcalmx55? Could he be his son or something? Look at the evidence;
1. The old jcalmx55 hardly ever posted screenies of diesels, he hasn't posted a screenie of a steamer since his name change
2. The old jcalmx55 was much more friendly
3. The old jcalmx55 was into PRR, the imposter prefers UP, BNSF, CR and the like

Last edited:
Maybe its the case, of an ugly twin brother, that also likes playing Trainz too.

One likes steam, one like diesel.

Imagine if they were quaduplets ... steam, diesel, electric & NG

Last edited:
Oh no, you did not just offend the A4's, did you? They are, if anything, more beautiful than the A3's. On the ignore list you go!

Come on boys, no need to re-start the Revolutionary War here on an argument over a British locomotive! The A4's are actually quite nice-looking, but modern British diesels have none of the character of the first and second generation EMDs. Flying Scotsman? Nice looking engine, though one does feel obligated to mention the New York Central Railway's 20th Century Limited streamlined 4-6-4 J3A 'Hudson' looks just as good as the Scotsman.

Yes, but they make you get out of the way :hehe:

that's the function of them but it's no reason to make them sound so darn shrill. Take a cue from the Frisco 1522 for goodness' sake. Best steam whistle for a mainline engine I know of and it far outshines the British steam whistles. Heck if they wanted to get people out of the way why not put an NYC 6-chime on ne of their locomotives? That'd turn some heads!

This ugly thing. Seriously, I don't get why this thing is such a big deal. I mean, sure, it went fast for a very short amount of time, but then it broke. I definitely call that a failure. I don't see people celebrating and making replicas of the NYC's jet powered RDC publicity stunt.
grabimg.php

Those smoke deflecters are German-type ones, it looks much better without them. As for deadpoolmx55, has anybody considered that he might not be jcalmx55? Could he be his son or something? Look at the evidence;
1. The old jcalmx55 hardly ever posted screenies of diesels, he hasn't posted a screenie of a steamer since his name change
3. The old jcalmx55 was into PRR, the imposter prefers UP, BNSF, CR and the like

OH Em Gee you learned the secret to the opposite of name changing

740832353d0582fab5fde8ca641ba342.gif

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i still post steam and PRR, where have you been?....who says i have to have a one track mind...no pun.....you ever think i was being fake? I'm not mean I'm just honest

train-stration.jpg

these things look like the mighty ducks goal tenders mask logo on wheels

POST!

Last edited:

To Be honest I think he's a cyborg :eek:

Jamie

Ok, since some are saying the A3 and A4 classes are ugly (they're not, but they do get WAY too much attention!), I'm gonna express that I find every streamlined American loco ugly except for the J3a.

I find American locos in general ugly.

Your opinions may (or should that be will?) differ.

Kieran.

Come on boys, no need to re-start the Revolutionary War here on an argument over a British locomotive! The A4's are actually quite nice-looking, but modern British diesels have none of the character of the first and second generation EMDs. Flying Scotsman? Nice looking engine, though one does feel obligated to mention the New York Central Railway's 20th Century Limited streamlined 4-6-4 J3A 'Hudson' looks just as good as the Scotsman.
I'd agree with you there. The EMD F7 and E7 etc. are legendary, and I'd have them over a Class 66 or 70 anyday.

Back