BDC Projects

TrainzFreak101

VP of The Framework
Here is the new BDC Projects thread. We will be posting pics from the NYCTA A and B division and BART projects. This is totally different from the NYCTA Pics thread. Any NYCTA related Trainz pics go there. Current projects will be posted here. Soon, we'll have some pics of our current progress. Stay tuned to what we have in store. If you're interested in joining our site, pm me.

BART Update

Hey Guys,

I'm slowly getting back into development after a serious accident last fall. I've been chugging away at the BART project, which is now about 60% complete. For those unfamiliar, BART is shaped like a giant X, with the northeast leg going to Pittsburg-Bay Point, and the northwest leg to Richmond. In the middle, those lines converge in Downtown Oakland, before splitting again. Southeast goes to Fremont (and soon San Jose by 2017!), with a branch further east going to Dublin and Livermore (future). The southwest leg crosses the San Francisco Bay and goes through SF on its way to the SFO Airport and Millbrae.

Right now, the entire Richmond and SFO/Millbrae line is complete. The Fremont line is completed to the OAK Airport station, and the Bay Point line is completed to Concord. The Concord, Daly City, and Richmond yards are all complete. I'll be posting a video once I get the time to. Right now, the scenery is basic on the outdoor portions, but here are some photos to keep you guys occupied! Thank you SO SO much for sticking with BDC throughout these tough times. Route creation and building is a time consuming process, but it's a labor of love and I'm glad to be able to give back to the community.

Special thanks to Mike Patchen, a supervisor from BART and a very good friend for all his help in making this project a reality.

Current OAK end terminal

Walnut Creek tunnel, heading north to Bay Point

West Oakland

Concord Yard

More to come!

Also, another thanks to Mikey186 for working on the soon-to-be-released updated BART cars, as seen in the last picture. As soon as specific drawings of the new "D" and "E" cars come out, those will be modeled! BART's new cars are expected to be in service by the end of 2017.

-A

More BART

More Pics!

Concord Yard, continued

Shell station, default textures, showing the new overhead LED signs

Y05 Interlocking outside SFO

W45 outside Millbrae

One day, trains will go to San Jose!

-A :wave:

I've decided to start everything from scratch and rename the signs "ACE Highway ____". I've finally figured out the config file and bdses script after many months of research and trial/error.

I give to you the first shots of the new signs in action. They're still in the beta phase and tiny little things like texture type, etc are being worked out, but no ! and no script errors in game!

One Lane Types (Text Only)

Two Lanes Text Only

Three Lanes Text Only

Four Lanes Text Only
4%20Lane%201%20Line.jpg
[/URL]

One Lane/One Line Route Sign

The signs have been made to fit 1 to 4 line configurations in one direction, as well as the common sign bottom types. The route sign is currently only in the 1-lane/1-line of text format, but those will be expanded shortly. There will be all types of signs for all lane configurations, as well as 2 shield signs, with the shields in various places (most commonly seen in major areas like LA, SF, NYC). All 50 states are represented, as well as Interstate, US Hwy, and Downtown/Business Spur Signs. Other types like LANE ENDS/MERGE signs and HOV (Carpool in CA) signs, and left exit/airport/HM top placards will also be added.

Stay tuned!

-A

Road Signs & More BART

Thanks Ish & Mike!

@Mike, I'm re-working the signs and textures. I've been measuring the dimensions of the Treadway signs to get a better idea of what I need. I've started from the ground up, which isn't saying much since I only had about 6 signs made, lol.

Here is more from the BART project. It's now 75% completed with only two half-lines left (the rest of the A/S line to Fremont and Warm Springs, and the L to Dublin/Pleasanton), and the Hayward Yard. I'm really excited that a project started five years ago, and then picked back up last year is almost finished--track wise. I didn't want to release a beta with only partial lines. Once this is complete, the list of five beta testers will have free reign over the entire system!

Here are shots from the C-line (including the under construction BART-to-eBART station and tracks), and some of the A and L lines.

Enjoy!

Progress Map

Orinda Station

C-line tracks in the median of CA-24

Oakland Coliseum station with passageway to the OAK AirTrain

North Concord/Martinez shots:

Castro Valley

New BART to eBART transfer platform, currently under construction

A55/57 Interlocking south of Bay Fair where the Dublin trains diverge from the Fremont line.

-A

Membership & Log In Credentials

If you are awaiting membership confirmation, want to sign up, or have lost your credentials and need a reset, please PM me. We have been getting an overload of spambots using legitimate looking email addresses, so the admin at BDC have been told to mass delete the membership requests, unless a PM has been sent to them. This is done to protect the site, so we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to those who are still waiting. Please send your username AND the email address you're using and we'll get you cleared and on board in no time. Thanks again!

Hayward Yard!

We are almost to the (current) end of the line @ Fremont! :D

North leads via A75

Center of the yard, known as the throat

Yard Tower and Employee buildings

4-car train sitting on Relay Track 93

Employee loading platform, and Transfer Tracks 3-7

Southern end of TF 03-08, heading south towards Fremont

Southern end of the yard, entrance/exit via A77

Overhead of what's done so far (only storage tracks 10-18 completed). Shop tracks, other storage tracks, pit/inspection tracks and turntable to come soon!

Back