Is the DLS Down Today

Way down. Because both TS12 and Tane are required to "phone home" they are virtually useless (pun intended) today.
Trainz customers are at the mercy of some servers in Australia. Totally unacceptable. We need to be able to use the software we
bought and paid for in an offline mode.

Way down. Because both TS12 and Tane are required to "phone home" they are virtually useless (pun intended) today.
Trainz customers are at the mercy of some servers in Australia. Totally unacceptable. We need to be able to use the software we
bought and paid for in an offline mode.

Correction - the servers are actually in the US (Houston). It's difficult if an incident happens outside N3V's working hours though.

Shane

It depends on what the problem is though. Not everything is easy to solve when it comes to technical issues - as I run a website myself, I'm well familiar with that, as well as having to rely on a hosting company to fix issues that are out of my control.

Shane

Nice, maybe they handle it like sony and we all get the "golden ticket" for the out of order days. Funny 2 days ago i bought a first class ticket, maybe they run away with the money. :)

It depends on what the problem is though. Not everything is easy to solve when it comes to technical issues - as I run a website myself, I'm well familiar with that, as well as having to rely on a hosting company to fix issues that are out of my control.

Shane

As usual Shane you will defend your beloved NV3 to the death but that's no comfort to other customers. If there's a problem and it seems there is, then NV3 should inform it's paying customers, after all we, the customers, are NV3's bread and butter - their way of life!

I've now blocked TS12 from contacting the mothership via my Firewall ! Not sure if its all those additional updated assets , the connection problems or possibly both combined but I've now had to experience two 14,000 asset validation checks 2 days on the trot after starting up CMP with it connected to the net ! To make matters worse when I tried connecting a second time last night it hit me with another 1300 asset validation check !

Since I've blocked the program it's been running as normal . It will remain blocked until things settle down !
I've got better things to do (like trying to complete routes etc.) than staring at a screen watching 14,000 items countdown to 0 . I'm sick to death of putting in tickets about the problem . They reply , I report back and nothing gets sorted !!

I've never once had to wait 3 hours to be able to use Railworks !!!!!!!!!

Lucky you. Reading the Railworks forums often shows many with major issues too so I wouldn't hold them up as an example to emulate.

Meanwhile, networks go down, some more than others. That's just a fact of computer systems. If you want everything to be robust and redundant, then everyone had better be prepared to pay a lot more than what we currently pay. Since Trainz works just fine off-line, a brief interruption is hardly a problem. Annoying but not major.

As usual Shane you will defend your beloved NV3 to the death but that's no comfort to other customers. If there's a problem and it seems there is, then NV3 should inform it's paying customers, after all we, the customers, are NV3's bread and butter - their way of life!

robd - it may be that N3V are not aware of what the problem is. Sometimes (speaking from personal experience here) it can be something that has gone wrong at the hosting provider's end that can take a day or two to resolve.

Defending does not come into the question here I'm afraid, as I am also affected by the server issue.

Shane

Hmm having suffered over 9000 validations twice today, in the intersts of finding out just whats going on just started 61388 again and yet again it's gone into validation mode, I've fired up Current Ports to see what is going on so I've had a look at what is connected to TS12

seems fairly obvious it's the DLS Lists causing the issue. Glad I've got a couple of other PC's I can work on while this fiasco is going on.....................

I had a ridiculous amount of validation too, but now the connection is down completely. On the brightside that meant the validation had stopped and I was able to open the game and test some new content.

Well It is still down for me over 24hours later!! Must be a major fault as it is not usually down for this length of time during weekdays.

Since Trainz works just fine off-line, a brief interruption is hardly a problem. Annoying but not major.

A brief interruption is not a description I would use for waiting 3 hours to do a 14,000 asset validation check !!
Until I connect CMP to the net I have no way of knowing whether it's going to throw a paranoid wobbler or not !?
Still todays 14,000 check was clearly my own fault for putting my faith in believing the problem would of been rectified by now .

What's also annoying is the fact that CMP checked the exact same amount of files today as it did yesterday . I'm mean why check something again that was clearly checked and verified yesterday ?!

From what I've read on here CMP will run for 28 days (net free) before the DRM throws a wobbler and stops working , so that's plenty of time for this problem to be cleared up (hopefully !) .

Last edited:
Back