MyTrainz etc and the DLS

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Some of these will be behind the scenes, like changes to the DLS...
With MyTrainz scheduled to start Monday, Oct 20, I wonder if we are seeing some early effects. Until recently, CM v3.7 would show over 300,000 (?) assets but right now, it only reports 60,904 items to display when I apply the All filter.

Curious that the black pages state that
You still have access to all 90,000+ assets
Perhaps defective and other useless items have been hidden?

It's been posted elsewhere I forget who by but they conducted some tests that indicate its being caused by the ongoing DNS servers updating issue, might need a flushDNS didn't work here though.

Just looked at TadDaemon in 49922 and got

failed download 'http://dlslists.auran.com/DumpV2/Weekly/20141016.txt.gz'. Retrying in 2 minutes

Most strange, on my older computer, CM shows 328045 items. For some reason the new installation is not getting the true values from the DLS.

I've just looked and for me CMP v3.7 shows 343522 items of which 255475 are listed (I assume the missing ones are what I have installed).

Most strange, on my older computer, CM shows 328045 items. For some reason the new installation is not getting the true values from the DLS.
is it possible your older computer is reading a cached value, that is why it shows so little on the new one? we'll never know... ;)

My suggestion would be to check the "Installed" tab and see if the Number is the same. This might be as simple as CM Can't find your Net Connection, or is unable to connect, so it can only see your locally installed assets. 50-70K assets is roughly what I expect most average Trainz users to have.....

That was taken 2 minutes before this post.

Falcus

Installed 173066 (includes built-ins and DLC) out of a total of 347020 assets.

I can't see anything past early last week in CM, but if I go to the white pages on the web, I can download the current data via FTP. This means the database is out of synch and for some reason, due to the technical difficulties we've had, CM is not communicating with the DLS and, therefore, is not updating it's numbers.

John

I've posted in one of the other threads but check TadDaemon or jetlog.txt in the bin folder and you should see
Code:
0:42.7 : TADDownloadStation::Idle> Failed download of     '[URL]http://dlslists.auran.com/DumpV2/Daily/20141017.txt.gz[/URL]'. Retrying     in 2 minutes

Pinging dlslists.auran.com produces nothing it's dead, I'm thinking it got missed when they changed the DNS provider?

Edit:

I've put a helpdesk ticket in covering all of us with this issue.

Last edited:
Changes have been made, DNS will need to propagate which can take some time, it should work pretty quickly for most people.

Spiffy

Back