Cab Views

deighton

Seinpaal
One of the consists on my layout includes a UP Dome car with interior view. However, when I am in Driver, the cab view only shows the view from the engine, even after selecting the dome car. Am I missing something?
Help please!:eek:

Chuck D.

No, the car is complete and does not have anything missing. In fact, when it is not coupled to an engine, the interior views work fine. It is only when it becomes part of a consist, ie. an engine in front.

OK, I just did a search of the DLS - there are 7 UP Dome cars. Could you give us a <kuid>?

Thank you for that! All is well, I used the wrong Dome Car and I feel dummmmmm. However, would anyone know how to add cabviews to other cars? A UP dome car does not look good in a Canadian consist!

Thanks, Chuck

As far as I know, adding interior views; like adding bogies, smoke, visible products, visible passengers, etc; involves the presence of attachment points that have to be built into the 3D mesh by the original creator. If those points are not present then these attached objects cannot be added. However, it should be possible to swap an existing interior view with another. You will need to edit the config.txt file to substitute the new interior kuid for the old one.

You can add an attachment by using PEV's Attachment maker. You can get the co-ordinates needed by looking at a dome coach that has an interior in PEV's Trainz Mesh Viewer and noting down the x,y,z values of the interior attachment point. You may also need the rotation value although I would be surprised if it was anything but zero.

Back