changing the train

celje

A part of the route is electrificated. I don't find the solution to change the train1diesel for train2electric. When train1 unload passengers then it must leave the route through the portal. Train2, who came from portal, must have the same driver and must continue the schedule, which is already made for train1. The best solutin is that driver jump from train1 to train2, but problem is because he must leave the route through the portal first and he must keep the schedule.
Any suggestion please.
regards
celje

Let the driver jump off to a (hidden) engine.
Let another driver jump into that diesel, drive it into a portal.
Let that other or yet another driver drive the electric into the station. Let that driver leave the train.
Let the initial driver jump into the electric.

Will that work?

Thank you oknotsen, good suggestion, but schedule will be lost, i presume.
I use now that driver drive train1 in portal. In meanwhile the driver with same name ( or other) came from portal with train2 and wait for passengers. But it's a clumsy solution because i must make the new schedule from this station forward. This situation is shown in EUtogether V1 basic ses1 on the station Povarovo.

Last edited:
This is true. The schedule will be lost once the driver leaves that train. It's too bad the schedule wasn't assigned to the driver instead of to the train consist, but anyway you might be able to get around this issue by using the Schedule Library rule and the Copy Commands From... driver command. With the Schedule Library, if you haven't used it before, multiple schedules can be saved and inserted later as needed. The driver queue then loads up the added driver commands once the Copy Schedule from (choose library) is used.

John

Thank you JCitron.
You said:''With the Schedule Library, if you haven't used it before.....''; maybe is a little embarrassing, but i must say, i'm the author of this session, so i think that i have enough experience with Library and schedule and i uploaded a lot of them.

Last edited:
Thank you JCitron.
You said:''With the Schedule Library, if you haven't used it before.....''; maybe is a little embarrassing, but i must say, i'm the author of this session, so i think that i have enough experience with Library and schedule and i uploaded a lot of them.

Awesome and even better. It's a great tool that I've grown to enjoy and rely on for much of my route building! Maybe you could customize the set to handle more things if needed.

John

Maybe you could customize the set to handle more things if needed.
John

Dear JCitron
Just open CM, search celje and download. I recommend you DBtogether and EUtogether route with all three sessions. The best is EUtogether V1 Cars, it last 'only' 26 hours of nonstop playing.

I'll have to check those out. :)

Right now I'm fighting some technical issues that keep cropping up with my TS12 install (What else is new!) that causes big routes to crash randomly so I've avoided any routes that are too complex and have stuck mostly with Surveyor.

John

Have you tried Movetoloco I use it in one of my routes and it worked fine. (drive to TM stop change direction movetoloco then drive to a TM.) I would use this to change from the front loco to the rear to head in the other direction.

movetoloco has the same problem, the schedule is loosing. Whenever you change the train for other one, you loose a schedule. We need to have two options:
1. assign schedule to the driver and
2. assign schedule to the train

Last edited:
Hi celje
Have you tried to split the schedule?
I mean opening the schedule library rule in Surveyor edit session, then make 2 copies of the schedule, delete the first half of one of the copied schedule and the second half of the other and rename as electric schedule and diesel schedule or whatever.
Then set up driver commands something like drive electric schedule, decouple, drive to electric depot, move to diesel loco, couple to, drive diesel schedule.
Im sure you know what I mean, and you have probably tried this

Tom

Hello tomtre
Thanks for advice. I already made this, a little different with trigger. You can see this in the session 'EUtogether V1 basic ses1'. But as i said it's a clumsy solution. The route and the sessions were uploaded before i start this thread.
I wish that N3V see this posts, it was 'for me a big surprise, that TS don't cover change train and change passengers on the suitable way.

regards
celje

Last edited:
Back