Narrow gauge screenshots

norm, as far as I know, the passenger car, if it did go out on a log train, would have gone to the rear. However, things like boxcars, tank cars, and empty flats would go at the front.
This route is great in TS12 as well, although I did change out some of the trees.

@Matt, yup 10 miles of 4% grade is a great challenge for any engine. :D

@Will, I'm wasn't a big fan of SpeedTrees before their latest version that came with TANE. Now I refuse to use them since they didn't bother to make their product backwards compatible.

I was actually somewhat surprised at how good the trees in WSLC look. I've been looking for more trees like Auran's Tree Pine low1 hi <kuid:-1:101091>. This family of trees looks pretty good IMO and I've reforested Clear Lake with them. I'd like to find more trees constructed in the same fashion.

I haven't tried them in TS12 yet.

I know Normhart. Its a shame slugmaster never got the chance to finishing his West Side Lumber Route. At least we have that.

I know Normhart. Its a shame slugmaster never got the chance to finishing his West Side Lumber Route. At least we have that.

Oh he is still around, mostly working on Real Life Model Trains but he keeps his hand in. Of course 75 miles of track is a huge challenge for anyone.

Useful Tip: In Tane you can replace an asset with itself and check Random Rotation. :D

Last edited:
Of course especially if most of the ROW was abandoned. Really that's good to hear. Does he have his own layout he works on? Good to hear he is still around. :)

A bit more narrow gauge; from Queensland Railways Callide & Dawson Valley Branch.

C16 139 - Brings a Load of Cattle from Theodore under the carriage shade of Mount Morgan.
trainz89_20160229_0017_zpspkpu4feo.jpg

C17 946 - Departs with the relief Thangool 'railmotor', an unusual working by a C17 which is not normally rostered on this type of work which is more the domain of the PB15.
trainz89_20160229_0018_zpsrraan6jd.jpg

Smoke upon the distance - C17 946 is spotted passing the #1 Dee River Dam and approaching the small wayside staff station of Talban.
trainz89_20160229_0030_zpsgtmwfbqc.jpg

Regards,

M.Gitsham

Nice stuff Trainz89!

One of the nice things about US narrow gauge is the variety of rolling stock.

Setting up Camp Eight.

I'm sure you know this, but it look really funny to me to see a standard gauge Shay on a narrow gauge line!! LOL

-Ben

I'm sure you know this, but it look really funny to me to see a standard gauge Shay on a narrow gauge line!! LOL

-Ben

Oh Heck! I claim senility! No I didn't know, well I did but I didn't if you know what I mean. Dang, now I'll have to start all over again, fortunately I have a pair of 2T Shays to replace it. (double checks the gauge)

Some winter rotary action on the WP&Y from Glacier to the Summit of Whitepass. Shots dedicated to Bendoresy, Togog, NormHart, and Trainboi1.

feac141f8a89bf84fbc5edac0ecc62ad.jpg

156489235b16a5ada2a624cfa5a5dfea.jpg

af25353b5ab6c05497ff12cb7fc6f5e5.jpg

76cb9e4d0c63579a549654f70ea746d5.jpg

87871df433e279b3715b32f333d56c2e.jpg

3e89ef9420fc12ca81598408d1ff47c4.jpg

Thanks Bob. Say I see your icon is the East Broad Top. Are you still working on that project? Its been ages since I've heard about it? :) Plus Trainboi1 was not kidding about that grade between the summit and Glacier. even in DCC mode I could not get this 15 car train plus Rotary up that grade going not more than 8 mph. It sure is a challenge.

Last edited:
Yes still working on it Matt. Exchanged a few pm's with Ben in the last couple days - I have a couple of things he might be interested in working on plus an old project he might dust off for the EBT fans amongst us.

They have some pretty impressive grades on the WP&Y. The EBT's 2.6% was a challenge for the little mikes with south bound empty hopper consists. The grades facing the north bound loaded ones were more like 1.5%. Both directions were limited to 20 -24 hoppers.

Bob Pearson

Northbay County in TANE

A Northbay Lumber Company Excursion train meets the D&RGW Passenger train at Rockport.

Departing Rockport the Excursion crosses the first of many scenic trestles on their loop line.

Much of the route boarders the lovely North Bay

First stop along the route is the port town of North Bay

Back