Heavy Consolidation Locomotives?

You can find an excellent model of a hefty (for a Consolidation) Pennsylvania H9 on the DLS. Search for "PRR" under category "locomotives" with boxes through TS2009 and you will find two to chose from on the first page.

Bernie

There is a couple on the DLS with a TS2009 build. The one by phllskene works in TS12 look for 69871:2163 and 69871:2164 the tender.

Bill69

Hi

The loco US S160 that you want is available from "Steam Locomotive Works"

As far as I know this loco won't be sold after the end of this year so you need to buy it in the next day or two if you want it. It is an excellent model but be aware that there are two versions available - the USA version and a Polish version that represents locos that were used by the Polish railways after the end of WW2. Make sure you get the right one.

Regards

Brian

Such a deal, couldn't pass it up! About $1.60 for a locomotive with ARN. Unreal. I got both s160s available at that price. :D Wish I could afford more, there are some fine steam locomotives there.

Wow, and fast too. I'm now downloading. :D

Edit:

Very high quality locomotives IMO. They don't have ARN but you can assign numbers to them and the numbers are carried over to the tenders. I'm guessing the yellow trimmed ones are the Polish since I can't remember seeing cow catchers on any American tenders.

Last edited:
I always wanted to do a little messing around with those to make a version with yellow footboards for that reason. I did skin out the whitewalls and adjust a few other textures to my liking. The yellow version you have is indeed modeled after at least one US engine, though (not sure about the cowcatcher tender).

Such a deal, couldn't pass it up! About $1.60 for a locomotive with ARN. Unreal. I got both s160s available at that price. :D Wish I could afford more, there are some fine steam locomotives there.

Wow, and fast too. I'm now downloading. :D

Edit:

Very high quality locomotives IMO. They don't have ARN but you can assign numbers to them and the numbers are carried over to the tenders. I'm guessing the yellow trimmed ones are the Polish since I can't remember seeing cow catchers on any American tenders.
I fail to see why digital downloads of these locos has been discontinued as of Jan 1st 2017 ... What ... Did you run out of electrons, or are the CDP files just out of stock ? By taking these off the market you are just losing sales ... My bank card doesn't come in the mail for a week or so from now ... I was ready to order ... but it seems the download shop has closed it's doors on these 2 US locos

Last edited:
Hi

The discontinuation of all but the latest models was announced on the payware forum back in October which should have been plenty of time for anyone that wanted them to get them. I appreciate that not everyone would want to buy European models and so they probably wouldn't read the announcement, but there was plenty of warning given if you bothered to read it.

Regards

Brian

You just don't get the point ... If a corner grocery store had plenty of goods to sell ... but cleared all the shelves, and put most of the goods in the store stock room ... and when customers came into the store and found the shelves almost empty, except for cans of sardines, the store owner proclaimed: "We have nothing to sell, except sardines" !

Files are virtual electronic packets of bytes ... they do not sell out ... why discontinue virtual asset files ... It just doesn't make any sense !

If I'm correct they were taken down because the author felt they were no longer up to his current standards and plans to rework and update them. If I was charging people money for something and I felt it wasn't my best, I would pull it too so I didn't feel like I was cheating people. If we're patient, we will more than likely get an even better S160 as soon as he finishes.

-Ben

Hi

I get the point perfectly - you're annoyed because you've missed out on these. Maybe if you'd ordered your bank card a couple of weeks sooner you would have been able to get the locos.

I suspect that I'm banging my head on a wall but try reading the posts about SLW in the payware thread for the last year or so and you might understand how this situation came about. If you can't be bothered to do that then the end result was that the store was sold and the new owner was only interested in selling the later models that were produced, hence the discontinuation of older ones. It had nothing to do with grocery stores and sardines.

Regards

Brian

Hi

I get the point perfectly - you're annoyed because you've missed out on these. Maybe if you'd ordered your bank card a couple of weeks sooner you would have been able to get the locos.

I suspect that I'm banging my head on a wall but try reading the posts about SLW in the payware thread for the last year or so and you might understand how this situation came about. If you can't be bothered to do that then the end result was that the store was sold and the new owner was only interested in selling the later models that were produced, hence the discontinuation of older ones. It had nothing to do with grocery stores and sardines.

Regards

Brian

BUMP
I'll probably just get the copy on the Trainz Store

Do people who bump threads this old intentionally look them up, or do they somehow stumble across them while browsing the forums?

A question science still can't answer...

Do people who bump threads this old intentionally look them up, or do they somehow stumble across them while browsing the forums?

A question science still can't answer...

Stumbled upon it, I did want to ask if there is another S160 model available, but I won't because I don't wanna get another infraction for 2 reasons

1. I got this problem with VMD's Southern PS-4

2. The original Steam Locomotive Works model is a discontinued payware model

Back