ZecRail Trainz Content

You shouldn't worry about me, I didn't trespass, don't worry, I merely got a tour from a friend who does some work at the security office at East Block, I just thought it sounded cool by saying I trespassed. Don't worry, that's nothing like me.

Cheers

Word of advice, wither is sounds cool to say you trespassed; the railways & authorities can look differently to THINK you actually did and can get your friend to lose his job. They do monitor forum sites, one slight suspicion; they come down on you hard. We certainly do not want you getting a criminal record and a bad reputation especially if your young.

Regards

M. Gitsham

You shouldn't worry about me, I didn't trespass, don't worry, I merely got a tour from a friend who does some work at the security office at East Block, I just thought it sounded cool by saying I trespassed. Don't worry, that's nothing like me.

Cheers

Last edited:
A few from a test run of my M class today. Finally got the coal load animated :) It's quite complex, even topping that of the DD class animations, but I'm quite pleased with how it's come out!

S301_20150111_0000.jpg

230 simmers quietly as it awaits departure at Yarra Glen with a race train

S301_20150111_0002.jpg

A short time later, 230 steams across the Yarra Flats bridge in the evening sun.

S301_20150111_0003.jpg

Having worked it's way south, 230 steams over one of the many bridges near Coldstream.

S301_20150111_0007.jpg

After a short stop at Lilydale, 230 steams on towards Ringwood, where the train will be combined with a regular suburban service, and taken over by a larger loco.

Regards
Zec

A few from a test run of my M class today. Finally got the coal load animated :) It's quite complex, even topping that of the DD class animations, but I'm quite pleased with how it's come out!

Regards
Zec
That's rather nice. Thanks Zec.

Nice work Zec that looks pretty cool but obviously the passengers on the platform in the first shot don't think much of it they are all facing the building whats the go with that mate lol ?, Can that little steam engine actually pull that many carriages ?. All looks pretty good anyways Zec so keep at it.
Cheers Mick.:p

Hi Mick,

it's rated around 65-70% so when you look at the grades book and see the tonnage through the section divide it by that tonnage by the percentage amount and that's the weight it'll pull, like a 1in50 is 270tons, so divide 65% and it's 175 tons, the rating is for 80% boiler pressure on all locos when reading grades book...

Cheers.

Hi Mick,

it's rated around 65-70% so when you look at the grades book and see the tonnage through the section divide it by that tonnage by the percentage amount and that's the weight it'll pull, like a 1in50 is 270tons, so divide 65% and it's 175 tons, the rating is for 80% boiler pressure on all locos when reading grades book...

Cheers.
Cheers for that Azza i didn't think old Zec would have it pulling too much weight :hehe:.
Cheers Mick.

Hi Mick, thanks! :)

Yeah, unfortunately a full train starting in a platform equals a half empty train with lots of people staring at walls/fences :p

Thanks for the info Azza, I didn't have the approx rating, so yeah. This train was about 115t from memory, so was well under the load limit. However, stopping is tricky with just the loco's 'steam' brake! And it used about 1/2 a bunker of coal over the 14 miles :p But they weren't known for their range... :)

Now that the loco is mostly 'done' (well, as 'done' as an unfinished model can be!), I've made a start on the interior view :)

new-vr-steamer-40.jpg

Also did some work on my tracks for T:ANE, but still not getting too far. Will hopefully get further during the week :)

Regards

Just a question.

This thread is called Zecrail Trainz Content and is under Screenshots, so are we able to post pictures of your content on here?

Cheers

new-vr-steamer-49.jpg

Have been slowly working on more details in the M class steamer's interior view. Still a few more details to add :)

Also, Aidyn, ah never thought about it really. I'd prefer to keep it as a 'progress thread' though :)

Regards
Zec

Just a question.

This thread is called Zecrail Trainz Content and is under Screenshots, so are we able to post pictures of your content on here?

Cheers

yes but only if absolutely everything in the screenshot is Zec's work.

Thanks Zeldaboy14, I'm really pleased with how it's all coming along actually!

new-vr-steamer-50.jpg

Some more details :) Added tea mugs, billycan, window latches, and window stops :)

Regards
Zec

Speedos where not used till after WW1, the train speed was calculated by passing mile posts at such intervals using a timing watch similar to what The Doctor has, like 1 mile per minute is 55mph.

Cheers.

new-vr-steamer-52.jpg

A little update :) I've upgraded the windows, and have started splitting the 'exterior' meshes that will become part of the cab. Decided to give it a 'clay' bake for the interior as well :)

Regards

Back