Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

498bb18512a8ba3bfa1207ac538c4e1c.jpg
f8b7f02ef2975e9db0627cdeba576ff2.jpg

A local freight traverses the old branchline at street-level. Originally this line was the mainline leading to the old Union Station. In 1927, when the new union station was built, the mainline tracks were lowered to reduce grade-crossings, the interurban Outer Belt Electric Railway was raised above-ground, and most of the track along the old mainline, now made redundant, was ripped up. One track and some industrial leads were left as a freight-only branch to serve industries, but among the weeds and rusty rails, ties and old roadbed leave a memory of what this line once was.

355dca43e3914d49857a20ce5278457e.png
[/URL][/IMG]

New route i am working on. Set near Chicago or Toledo or somewhere like that. So far has a loco facility, three industries, a small neighborhood, a municipal airport, an international airport (much WIP), a run-down rail museum, and will have even more!!!

Ahhhh if only I could remember which magazine I have that I saw this in...or maybe its a book.

EDIT: Actually can you tell me whether you got that image from a magazine or book to help me narrow my search, I know i've seen it somewhere.

Last edited:
I have given up on trying to recreate a prototype route of the PRR middle division. So for now it's make beleave it's close enough:)
trainz2014-11-0322-45-50-53_zps95938be7.png
trainz2014-11-0322-48-50-14_zps0a4aa5e6.png
trainz2014-11-0322-44-34-23_zpsbd334f0e.png

It's not much but it's the railroad platform of my hometown Mangalia / Romania. By the time I grew up most of it seldom saw a consist. I'm using google maps and my good knowledge of the area but am not sticking to every little detail....just want to recreate the feeling of the areas I find interesting. Furthermore, the route is a combination of yesterdays rails with today's surroundings....an what if the industries it was supporting would not have collapsed.
From the train station, the rail cuts through the side of the town to split first near a rugby field. 1 line continues ahead right past where I grew up and ends at a cement factory (?! i think that's the word)
The other line turns past the field and the local cemetery, and behind what is today a small navy musem it splits again.
1 line goes left and under the bridge to serve the military navy outpost with supplies, fuel mostly, and ends in a port which used to build and repair military vessels 30-40 years ago.
The other line goes around the military station while still serving several warehouses. Along it you will find 1 station which servers only the military where conscripts and goods were dropped off. The line continues to pass over the Mangalia lake and a marina to then split again.
1 line goes to the Dawoo Mangalia naval shipyard which currently builds about 2 "giant boats" every 3 years or so. It's a mamoth industry and currently feeds the city.
The other line goes past the shipyard and advances on the man made pier to end at the local port where goods, cement, bitum and fuel facilities are set up.

I have not played around with the game for years and it's a slow process of finding the right objects, splines, and coming up with the best solutions, that is why in some pictures you may see random stuff laying around
Furthermore, I wasn't much of a route builder before either :) but I'm determined on seeing this project finished.
If you liked the description, i recommend you look the area up on google maps, I find it fascinating.

The map, roughly 25km of rail from one end to the other.
2d9b9z6.jpg

The station from both ends
2rg1h1j.jpg

2zokm69.jpg

The only area that is somewhat decent right now:
264jq6g.jpg

34ouirp.jpg

and from now on, under heavy construction with tons of object just laying around....the first splitting:
27xmf6b.jpg

xdxj83.jpg

the second split:
23ll9ie.jpg

That's it, everything else on the map is just rails with a few buildings here and there.

Also, big shout out to Okhiu here on the forum who helped me set up my Trainz again with tons of content! thanks man! :)

Last edited:
Back