Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

I think that I have enough industries for this small Model Railroad switching route, but I will contact you if I have any questions. Thank you for offering.

409b646d9598fb2b7d1405c986dd0b70.jpg

Looks like you have a mixture of YARN and YARNish roads and intersections causing that 'step' in the road surface. In TS09+ use all YARNish....

You guys never seen British Rail classed units before...? Welp first for everybody.

If anything that unit reminds me of GECX 809, an early GE widecab prototype at Erie that was used on road tests.

Paul Duda foto~

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/ac9feb3baa70d5c7b6991997779f3dd9.jpg

Slightly off topic but I really am curious. On the left we can see the track diverging by only about a foot then running parallel for about 80-100 feet before converging again. What's going on?

Slightly off topic but I really am curious. On the left we can see the track diverging by only about a foot then running parallel for about 80-100 feet before converging again. What's going on?

Probably a scale. The track the diverges is so trains can use that section to bypass the scale.

** Work In Progress **

Been extremely busy in route building the former prototype March to Wisbech branch line, hence the absence of me on these forums lately. I'm using the OS maps plan for 1971/1982-1988/1989 from www.old-maps.co.uk and using old B&W photos from my railway books to accurately copy the track layouts around March Station, Whitemoor Yards and March TMD onto TS12. Yes, I'm taking on the challenge to build the former massive Whitemoor Yards as they were around the time of their closure in the early 1980s. I'm only concentrating on track laying so far, hence the lack of any buildings, etc...

(1) Complete overview of March Station

(2) The un-completed exit roads west of the station

(3) Whitemoor Junction in the final stages of completion

(4) Overview of March TMD

(5) March TMD (based upon its actual track layout in the 1970s)

(6) March TMD, with the back five engine stabling roads laid out with temporary fixed track sections

* All work seen above is based upon the 1971/1982-1988/1989 OS map plans on www.old-maps.co.uk

Andy.

Last edited:
That engine looks out of scale, like a garden railroad compared to the size of the gate.
To be frank, that's because it is a garden railroad, or near enough. The locomotive is based on a 15-inch-gauge locomotive, which, while technically still narrow-gauge, the locos(in this case based on a Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch locomotive) are small enough to make a fence look like a parapet wall:
images

The locomotive seems out of scale, however, because it is a little out of scale, even for an RH&D locomotive. Unfortunately the creator saw fit to up the gauge to 2', making the whole loco look like miniature broad gauge, and losing the greater effect. The intensely bright paint and strange, out-of-place tender doesn't exactly help with that.

To be frank, that's because it is a garden railroad, or near enough. The locomotive is based on a 15-inch-gauge locomotive, which, while technically still narrow-gauge, the locos(in this case based on a Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch locomotive) are small enough to make a fence look like a parapet wall:
images

The locomotive seems out of scale, however, because it is a little out of scale, even for an RH&D locomotive. Unfortunately the creator saw fit to up the gauge to 2', making the whole loco look like miniature broad gauge, and losing the greater effect. The intensely bright paint and strange, out-of-place tender doesn't exactly help with that.

There was only that gauge track for the train. And yes it is based of RH&DR. There is only that 'train' available to the closest look a like.
And Trainbo1 after your projects could you be interested in created some steamers from RH&DR. Your Ravenglass and Eskdale train looked great.

Regards,
Raphael.

Back