X-ings, Roads, Road Traffic, Vertex heights, Payware,all screwd up after TRS19 update

Relick

Hi to all.
After updating TRS19 to the latest version, I have be whacked by huge failures. My single track x-ings are gone entirely. Vehicular traffic no longer functions, Vertex heights for roads have changed and are now eaither above ground level or below. Road intersections do not connect to the roads (a visable gap is shown when in driver mode). Payware is marked as Packaged not active.
I have fairly large layout that is entirely ficticous and has taken me months to build and now its Bleeding useless.

I know that I will need to manualy rebuild it so I need some kind soul to direct me as to

1: What is the best vehicular 2 lane centerline marked road to use on a country scene (I also need intersections for this).

2: How do I get vertex heights on track and or roads to sit level on the groud as they one did? No matter how hard I try to get them at the correct height, the are either undergound or above ground.

I have read on the forumn that payware needs to be reinstalled (great if one has a copy on the original download) I don't due to major hard drive failure.

Any sensible help would be appriceated. (excuse my poor spelling)

Thanks in advance. Ray:':)'(

I'd make a backup, go back to SP3, check it's all working and retry the patch. Nothing should be different. Don't save in SP4 or you won't be able to go back.
The link is around in the SP4 thread. Sorry haven't got it handy.

corrupt archive

tried twice and got same results as zip either being multi part or corrupt.

I have give up and deletted all the missing assets and non functioning payware.

Unable to roll back to SP3 ans my computer does an automatic back up of all data files 3 time daily.

so sad, but it is wahta it is..

I might try a complete re-install of trs19 after I have made CPS of my route. Last chance saloon for me....

Unable to roll back to SP3 ans my computer does an automatic back up of all data files 3 time daily.

I might try a complete re-install of trs19 after I have made CPS of my route. Last chance saloon for me....
Copy your existing database before you reinstall. You may be able to recover it in future.

There was server maintenance going on that finished shortly after you posted, maybe try again?

There was server maintenance going on that finished shortly after you posted, maybe try again?

I am in the process of a complete re-install.

I have copied my data base and we will see what happens.
in a few hours time due to slown download speed from your servers.

Cheers

Copy your existing database before you reinstall. You may be able to recover it in future.

Hi and thanks for your advice.

All of my data files including TRS19 are automaticaly backed up 3 times each day by professional backup program. I have like 6Tb of client and personal data on my PC and incremenal backup's are a must due to the value of client data.

Cheers.

I have uninstalled and removed all traces of "Auran" from the registry.
I reinstalled from scratch, including updates to ver :111951 and everything works as it should.
I then let the 114800 patch install and the whole lot turned back to snot.
Again I uninstalled and removed all traces of TRS19/Auran from the registry and began another reinstall, this time stopping at Ver: 11951 and all is running fine again.
I will Not be updating with the 114800 patch as it just turns my route to snot.
My biggest gripe is that all my payware fails to activate and is not usable under 114800.

Chers and thanks for the help and suggestions.:':)confused::':)mop:

Last edited:
Reverting to SP3. It's not pretty and is a bit time consuming, but that's a lot better option than sticking with the broken SP4.

Download the SP3 Installer:

https://dl1.n3vgames.com/Installers/...ler-111951.zip

Backup and remove you current installation {drive}:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\

Extract the installer and run it.

There's a lot of cleanup that has to be done and the database has to be rebuilt. Do a clean rebuild (CTRL-Enter on "Rebuild Database") It will take some time (more or less depending on how fast your PC is).

Once it has completed, exit the launcher and restart it. You will need to change your settings (display, performance, etc) and you will need to setup your login ID.

There may be some dependency issues with some of the maps, especially any custom modified maps. You will need to work through those. I found that some of my maps wouldn't load due to "asset is incompatible" warnings. Simple fix: edit the config file and change the build number to a lower number. In my case, I changed 4.8/4.9 to 4.5 and the map would load.

I believe that if the payware has been updated to 4.8 or 4.9, then it won't be compatible with SP3. Because it is payware, I doubt if you can edit the config file and reset the build to 4.5 or lower, but you might want to try. As I said above it has worked for me when updating some of the maps and sessions, but those weren't payware.

I have noticed since TANE came along all roads have shadows beneath them, never was like that in 2010/12 so what changed and did they notice. Apparently not. Lighting in TS19 is a hell to get right. Espcially Streetlights which are blobs of light which drown out features beneath. Edit environment is quite clunky ..
Hi to all.
After updating TRS19 to the latest version, I have be whacked by huge failures. My single track x-ings are gone entirely. Vehicular traffic no longer functions, Vertex heights for roads have changed and are now eaither above ground level or below. Road intersections do not connect to the roads (a visable gap is shown when in driver mode). Payware is marked as Packaged not active.
I have fairly large layout that is entirely ficticous and has taken me months to build and now its Bleeding useless.

I know that I will need to manualy rebuild it so I need some kind soul to direct me as to

1: What is the best vehicular 2 lane centerline marked road to use on a country scene (I also need intersections for this).

2: How do I get vertex heights on track and or roads to sit level on the groud as they one did? No matter how hard I try to get them at the correct height, the are either undergound or above ground.

I have read on the forumn that payware needs to be reinstalled (great if one has a copy on the original download) I don't due to major hard drive failure.

Any sensible help would be appriceated. (excuse my poor spelling)

Thanks in advance. Ray:':)'(

Relpy to Chili46

Thanks so very much for you fantastic help.

I took your advice and edited the config file and I am smiling again.

I have some other layouts that I am going to try the same trick on and hopefully some of my early creations will come back to life.

I just have to retreive them from my old PC.

Thanks again:)

Last edited:
With the payware if it doesn't work or is broken, just delete the contents of the packages folder, run a DBR and then re-download them from the Content Store. You can't edit Payware as it's locked so no point in wasting time trying.

I have noticed since TANE came along all roads have shadows beneath them, never was like that in 2010/12 so what changed and did they notice. Apparently not. Lighting in TS19 is a hell to get right. Espcially Streetlights which are blobs of light which drown out features beneath. Edit environment is quite clunky ..

Its because in T:ANE and TS19 all objects cast a shadow. And roads were set slightly above the ground so that when vehicles spawned they weren't driving in the ground. This is why most of the roads are slightly above the ground and cast a shadow.

With the payware if it doesn't work or is broken, just delete the contents of the packages folder, run a DBR and then re-download them from the Content Store. You can't edit Payware as it's locked so no point in wasting time trying.

Yes, Payware is locked and I did know that.

I have decided to avoid any payware in the future and use only common as muck downloads if needed.

Thanks

Back