Woot! I got a new computer and its vista!.or is it?

Thorinoakin

Colonel Klink
Well I got a new computer, and I won't be putting trainz in for a while now, so I'll be taking a break for trainz for now...Vista isn't going to be my favorite....-_-...I'll be aroudn guys, mostly on the Trainz Nat Team.. I'll be back when I really get desprete that I want to play trainz on this Vista.. (Father/mother bought it)...I'll be dealing with the problems after I install it later :p .But for now, I'll be here...Ps, i'll post this on the NAT Forums also.Hope to see great content later guys!.
Happy New Year.
~Thorinkiller (Thorinoakin):)

Vista isn't as bad as you assume. Most of kinks have been worked out by now, and SP1 will really help.

Just search the forum for running Trainz on Vista, it'll show you how to so you don't get weird problems. :wave:

Manufacturer:HP-Pavilion
Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory:3070MB RAM
Hard Drive:310 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:Razorback for headphones speakers are Gateways
Keyboard:USB Root Hub
Mouse:USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:Mousepad,Desk
Operating System:Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_ldr.070503-1540)

Vista is horrible, and will be until the next OP from M$ comes out.

TRS 06 runs just fine on my vista 32bit if not better then XP and all my other programs run fine also. Just make sure to download all the updates for vista and it works great. I'm not sure why you think vista is horrible and will be until the next os from ms. Hmmmmmmm.

Other than a few minor problems (fairly easily resolved) Vista has been a fine system for trainz (2006 no SP1) with me, and I'll swear that it is faster than it was with XP!

Sam

Sheesh, It's annoying when people just shout out "Omg, this sucks" just because they've heard several other people say it.

Vista did suck at first, but It's gotten much better since.

Back on topic. Say, Thorinoakin, how much did that computer cost?

No Idea, It was a chirstmas present ;) , anyways, I was told I gotta wait till my old computer gateway comes out of the shop...to play trainz, which really messed up my gateway in a bit.. (22k of GB, mostly half of the hard drive). So mostly intill I get it fixed I own't be able to play Trainz :hehe:..quite sad really :hehe:. So I will be playing my vista for now on, it really runs very smoothly playing World Of Warcraft ;). So I'll be on from time to time, and get another cable and hook my old gateway to the internet, and beta test for the NAT Team :p, So I wish all you guys luck, and May the winds be at your back. :)

Ps. I download alot to get 22k GB from that game (Don't ask)

Last edited:
Congrats on the new PC, now go to bed. You too Lo Poly, 3 o'clock in the morning is too late for 14 year olds to be up. What, are you guys gonna sleep all day tomorrow?
Ed:eek:

Congrats on the new PC, now go to bed. You too Lo Poly, 3 o'clock in the morning is too late for 14 year olds to be up. What, are you guys gonna sleep all day tomorrow?

Blame it on my delayed sleep phase syndrome.

Forgot to take my melatonin pill before I "went to bed". :confused:

Ed,

I guess your an insomniac like the rest of us from the USA. 4:15am on the east coast now and I got work in a few hours.:eek:

Meh, Gruul is hard to down...then had to go to Karazhan then shattered halls whats next?...I blame WoW. PS I get up at around 9...whenever i get to sleep like its 8 am..i sleep 1 hour and in a grouchy mood

Back