WIP UP Colton Locomotive Facility

It looks nice, and the animated gantry cranes are a plus. I know you have much to do yet but I'm wondering about the roof; no vents? I also think you should not limit your customer base by making only the UP signage, even though you've made it prototypical, I'm sure others would like a version for their favorite Class 1.

I've decided to go in a slightly different direction with the engine shed what I've decided to do is go ahead and put pits and catwalk risers in along the bays. This is actually a bit more prototypical to an actual engine shed.

It's actually coming along rather well and I should actually be done with it probably in another week or so.

pits.jpg

pits1.jpg

pits2.jpg

pits3.jpg

Latest Look at the Colton Engine Shop

I've been getting a lot of work done on the Colton Engine Shed and I decided to go completely different direction. At first I was just going have drive-through bays. So then I got to thinking, why not do it right so I went ahead and created pits and catwalk risers. I then put in ventilation and skylights and decided to make it buildable so that I could attach track.

So now we have a really nice looking engine shed with details as small as fire extinguishers as you can see in the video linked below the first five bays are pretty much done in the outer two bays I'll probably put drive over pits.

I have to reanimate the cranes and then create the night mode and it will be ready for release. I don't think there's anything like it on the DLS and it will be one of the most ambitious projects I've ever done so far. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

http://trainzop.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=150:latest-look-at-the-colton-engine-shop

Back