Winter Birch swich manual

twarner

Around since 2001
I decided to give yet another of Gary's sessions a go since I have had no results with any of them since I started using 2010.

Unfortunately, once again, a complete failure; no locos, no instructions, no sound, just the map.

previous sessions of his always used to work fine in 2006 so a great disappointment after taking so long to download the loads of content.

Anyone else having problems, or is it just me?

Terry

I downloaded it and gave it a try. Like you, all I'm getting is the map.

Looking at the session in Content Manager, there are a bunch of faulty assets used.

One of the faulty items (BWLSD404066, kuid 101340:131569) is an old TS2004 locomotive. I fixed a couple of errors in the config file, but one of it's dependencies (BWLint, kuid 101340:55018) has a couple of texture problems. Again, that's an old TS2004 item.

Since that loco appears to be the only one in the session, I'm guessing that until that item is made TS2010 compliant, the session won't work in TS2010.

Tried Compatibility mode, still didn't work.

Todd

All of Gary's sessions work fine for me in TS2010 Compatibility mode, including this one. The broken dependencies are not an issue. I'm not an expert but I do know that they have been created using something called SCS2006. Do you have this asset? It's kuid:41009:1046. There are some other SCS assets on the DLS but I'm not sure if they're requirements or just documentation on how to use this session making package.

Apologies if I've stated the obvious but I'm not sure what else the problem could be if you've tried it in Compatibility mode.

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for that. After all this time and 'talking' with Gary, he never mentioned that his sessions were made with SCS so it was never an issue that was addressed.

I had SCS installed in 2006 which explains why his sessions worked there. Having installed SCS in 2010, the session now works fine, although there are other issues with instructions not been given in certain places.

Anyway, the whole thing is now working so thanks for your 'heads up'.

Gary, if you're following this, may I suggest that you mention in the details of your sessions that they are made with SCS and that it is needed to be installed before your sessions will work.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Glad to have been of help. Sometimes it's the most obvious things that people (Gary) forget to mention. Of course, it would help if CMP recognised that SCS2006 was a dependency but perhaps that's too much to hope for, especially when it can't even recognise html dependencies.

Regards, Paul

Back