Willamette style shays

gary6204

Union Pacific Fan
does anyone know if they have restored some to operating order? i know of one that runs under its own power but are there any others out there?
thank you

Considering that there are only six surviving Williamettes around today, having even one operable today is pretty impressive. Obviously, Mt. Rainer Scenic has done a great job restoring Rayonier #2 to service. The other five appear to only have display for the foreseeable future

Just for the record they're either Willamettes, or Pacific Coast Shays. When the Shay patent ran out, Willamette jumped on the design and improved it. To compete, Lima came out with the Pacific Coast Shay.

i live right near the mt rainier scenic railroad and am thinking of doing some of my high school community service hours there. and considering how much im down that way ive seen rayonier 2 once i think. i just wanted to know if there were any othere's operating thank you

hello, srry to bring up my old thread, but this week and last week i have had the oppertunity to ride behind willamette #2. it was awesome :D. some sad news though, it broke down today on our trip :'( and was replaced by northern pacific f-9a 7012

hello, srry to bring up my old thread, but this week and last week i have had the oppertunity to ride behind willamette #2. it was awesome :D. some sad news though, it broke down today on our trip :'( and was replaced by northern pacific f-9a 7012

What a riveting tale.

no, a grease cap fell off the engine. at least thats what the conductor told me. i could smell a burning on the outside of the train too

Back