Where is the function of the 'shift' button (to accelerate the speed) left in TS12

conductor1945

Hello
In TS2010 you can use the shift button to accelerate the speed of a session for trouble shooting a route f.i.
Where has that been in TS12 ? nothing mentioned in the manual.

Thanks for any help

It's OK.

I have heard reports of trains derailing when using that feature, so watch out.

Also, there is a chance of Trainz running slower with the debugger turned on.

Shane

Hmm additional, in the quickdrive menu in TS12 in driver mode, you can set the passing of time times N, as well as the starting time and other environmental things like that. Quickdrive is a session rule included by default.

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

I'm interested in being able to vary the passage of time within Driver. For example, if your next train movement isn't for another 30 minutes, being able to short cut through that time period and then restore normal time once you've got to the next train. Any ideas how that can be done?

Paul

Hi Paul - It is fairly simple to construct a driver command to do this and I have knocked one together this morning.

There are so many different rates to choose from that I am experimenting with various methods of selecting rates.

Please PM me with your e-mail address and we can discuss what method would suit you.

Edit: Since building the command I have discovered that although the game clock runs faster, the train speeds are not affected. This means that any trains running on the route will not be in their correct positions when the clock is reverted to normal time. This rather kills the idea for me, anyway.

Cheers - Trevor

Last edited:
Trevor, many thanks for your efforts. Sorry it didn't quite work out!

How about the idea of 'jumping to' another time. So let's say your last train has just departed at 08.00 and there's no other train movements due until 10.05 (quite possible on my branch line!) Is there a way of 'jumping' the time to 10.00 so you don't have to sit around for two hours waiting?

Paul

Hi Paul - As Jananton said in post #5 you can use the Quick Drive rule to change the time in the Environment window. You can also speed it up and slow it back to normal, which is what my driver command does. Let me know your e-mail address by private message if you want to try it out.

Cheers - Trevor

Back