When I hit add new ground the ground comes up with a green texture

weldstress

Hi All, Maybe some one can help me with this. I haven't used Trainz for a bit Maybe I missed something. When I hit add new ground the ground comes up with a green texture. Is this something new in Trainz or did I hit a wrong button by mistake. Any help will be appreciated
Thanks, Al

New feature in TRS19 starting in SP5 I think. The default region has the texture. There are other regions with grid in the name that are the plain grid texture.

When you start a new route, choose the region named Grid Region. Or download one of the dozen or so regions on the DLS with Grid in the title. Once you use a region it remains the default region for new routes and any added baseboards.

If you have already started a route using the textured baseboard, TRS22 has a command under the Display Menu in Surveyor that is Ground, it offers three choices -Textured, Transparent and Grid which will change all existing baseboards to your choice.

I checked and the above command is not in TRS19. The only choice after the fact is to use Edit Route dialog to change the region to one with Grid in the title and any added baseboards will use the grid texture but you can't change existing baseboards except by replacing the texture. There used to be a built-in grid texture but I haven't looked for it in a long time. There are several on the DLS.

I have four grid textures installed in my TRS19. The one named Grid (PBR) when set to zero scale is a perfect match for the grid. I was able to paint over the green texture. Not sure about bulk replace as the scale has to be set to zero to match the real grid texture.

Last edited:
Not sure about bulk replace as the scale has to be set to zero to match the real grid texture.

I have used the bulk update replace utility for this and it works fine. Make sure you set the scale and test it first in a small area before hitting the button to ensure you have the correct scale for the texture.

So i downloaded a grid and edit route with that grid in the region and had to change setting from 10m to 5m.Thanks for your help just bought TRS 19 two weeks ago and still learning the ins and outs
Thanks
REvans

Moss is the default

That default texture looks exactly like the green moss that grew on trees, logs and rocks in my native northwest California. Makes me homesick for the Old Country, but why choose that and not something more grassy or bare for a default?

Back