What's happened to TC comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QR1408

It's now over one month since the winners of the TC competition were supposed to be announced but still nothing happening. Come on Auran people entered this competition in good faith and are now left with stunning silence. IMHO this isn't good enough. There was some small explanation about delays after 2 threads on this subject. Now silence again. I think it would be at least possible to say something in Auran announcement forum?
WillB :sleep:

I remember those threads.
I believe I posted in them saying that at least Auran should let you know what's happening, and someone from Auran (was it Rob?) finally piped up and said it was still on, just delayed.

I can't believe they haven't sorted it yet.

Can't wait for their next competition!

Smiley.

Ha Ha. Yeah according to the rules on the TC website they are supposed to announce any delays there. Of course that didn't happen. Naturally Auran have a swag of disclaimers. Entrants have to abide by these rules to get their entries accepted. Sure there's less staff now but that effects everyone not just them. It affected anyone trying to upload a entry for this comp and that only got a weeks extension. IMHO it's no excuse not keeping entrants informed about what's going on.
:sleep:

IMHO it's no excuse not keeping entrants informed about what's going on.

:sleep:

Very true .... Fortunately ( or not , depending on your position ) I'm in a position to do something about this lack of information by contacting the relevant authorities in BrisVegas.

:wave:

Why post here when this question is already discussed at length in the TC threads?
Maybe because people want an answer from Auran, and the more threads there are, the more chance of a response (unlikely, I know).

Personally, I have no interest in the competition, but I would like to see a bit more professionalism from Auran.
This is not a competition set up by a community member, this is an Auran competition.

And I don't buy this "there's only a few of them left at Auran" excuse for these situations.
We've seen it used many times for different things, and I've also seen some Fury competition users being given the same excuse by the Fury community about a competition that was run there (although for all I know, that one's been sorted as it was also a while ago :hehe:)

I think the "few" left at Auran need to sort out their housekeeping, and I really don't think someone taking 5 minutes to tell people whether the competition is still on or whether it's off is going to make any difference to the release schedule of whatever it is they're working on.

If I was working there, I would have taken 5 minutes out of my lunch hour just to let people know what's going on.
All these years to build up such a good image of customer relations, only to let it all slide for the sake of a few forum posts?
It baffles me, it really does.

I won't lose any sleep over it though. :D

Smiley.

Smiley, I'm so glad you have such a wonderful work ethic. I'll be sure to mention this to James and Rob next time I see them, they will surely be inspired by your selflessness. You have no idea what things are like there now, so I think you should refrain from judgement.

Tony

Oh please! It's indefensible Tony. One minute out of one person's day, whether on the clock or not is all it takes to post an answer. I don't care if "things" are so bad at Auran now that they have to generate their own electricity with stationary bicycles just to run their PC's, there are no valid reasons for not addressing this issue.

What....you think we should cut them even MORE slack?

So they either have been told to not comment until the accountants and lawyers figure out whether they will be able to fulfill their end, (and if not...what the liability will entail....), or they just don't know what to say because they haven't been told!

Somebody there with a couple of testicles needs to step up, maybe someone that has recently had a good interview somewhere else.

Defending this farce just makes you look like a suck up.

Ed

Last edited:
Smiley, I'm so glad you have such a wonderful work ethic. I'll be sure to mention this to James and Rob next time I see them, they will surely be inspired by your selflessness.
I am gladly giving up a couple of my minutes now to answer your post.
The least they could do would be to follow my "selflessness" and do the same, especially as they are getting paid to do it.

You have no idea what things are like there now, so I think you should refrain from judgement.
And until you are on the payroll from Auran, I suggest you stop acting like you know what's going on in there.
I don't know if you live next door to Auran HQ or what, but it doesn't matter.
Unless you are an employee of Auran, you don't KNOW the facts either, and should stop pretending you do.

Remember, I was a beta tester too, and it doesn't mean you have knowledge of anything more than they wan't you to know.

Back on topic: A couple of minutes to let these people know what's going on.
If that's really too much, then I'm lost for words, and that's really something.

Smiley.

Last edited:
You have no idea what things are like there now, so I think you should refrain from judgement.

Tony

Hey Tony ... how are you .

But the trainz team is'nt part of the troubled section of Auran ... or so people have been told :p .. yup right ... ROFL

Back to the point - there are certain legal issues involved here , Auran WILL honour their aggreement - One way or another !

BrisVegas Resident :wave:

Oh please! It's indefensible Tony.

Defending this farce just makes you look like a suck up.

Ed

Well, a suck up it is then Ed. Sorry, but if I was in their position, where my job security probably hangs in the balance depending on whether I get the next TC release out in time, let me see where I would put my priorities - concentrating on getting the release finished, or responding to questions on the forum. Hmmm, a hard one that...

It amazes me that you people feel that a competition that was announced by a company where the major development arm has since gone into receivership, will still be continued. Things have changed, if they want to keep it going, I'm sure they will say so, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

And Smiley, I talk to "current" and ex Auran employees on a regular basis and some of them are very good personal friends, so I have a reasonably clear picture of what's going on...

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back