What railroad/railway do you live near?

Moojgoo

unactive.
Tell us what you live near! Here in Mongolia, I'm near the Mongolian Railway, (that is the name), and in the US, the Hartford and New York Railroad. I've seen trains run on both. These two rail lines are NOT the same guage. The HNYRR is standard gauge (4' 8 1/2"), and the MRW is 4' 11.85", Russian gauge.

Last edited:
I live near Metro North's New Haven Line,Amtrak's NEC and a commuter rail from New Haven called shoreline east. All in Connecticut.

Hi just a short walk away is the Robin Hood line which runs in between Worksop and Nottingham the Trains are run by Central Trains
See this link Here

I have five lines within 1.5 miles from my house, with regular appearances from six operating companies: Virgin, Arriva Trains Wales, Merseyrail, Northern, Direct Rail Services (DRS) and English, Welsh & Scottish (EWS). The lines are:

Wirral Line
Mid-Cheshire Line
Severn - Dee Line
Chester - Manchester Line (LNWR)
North Wales Coast Line

And within a 30 minute drive there's the famous West Coast Main Line :)

JB

I live next to the Poacher Line, which runs between Grantham (ECML) and Skegness. The local Train Operating Company is Central Trains.

Norfolk Southern here.

The NS Reading Line is about 5 miles away from my house and the local NS C&F Secondary is about a mile from my house.

My home near Delmarva Secondary Norfolk Southern Line near my home about like 30 second away also during night time I can see the trains's light very power bright I can see it:D :cool:

Last edited:
I live to the south of the line of Mainz-Bingen and west of the line of Mainz-Worms and Mainz-Alzey, formerly there was a railway line that ran through town but following the mass invasion of lorries in the 1950's it was abandoned and soon after destroyed, ironic as were is still existing it would be cheaper and quicker to use a modern rail bus to get into Ingelheim (big town everyone goes to) than it is by car.

WileeCoyote:D

I live almost on top of the midland mainline in Birmingham, quite often I can hear flanges sqeeling as the trains head into New street station :)
Very handy if I want to go anywhere by train.

Don`t think they have a name for the line here, I`m in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. we don`t get much to speak of really.

Although this 8F did go through twice today on a special.
48151.jpg

Old D&H mainline which is now CP. That's the nearest @ 30 miles:eek:
There is a small tourist passenger route 10 miles away, and a small trolly line used to go through just up the road from me.

CSX BABY!!!!!:D :D :cool: :Y: And Conrail ocasionaly. I also see FLR or Finger Lakes Railway.

:Y: :clap: :Y: :clap: :udrool: :mop:

Last edited:
I'm not to far from the EJ&E line. A few miles out is the former Chicago & North Western (now UP) North West line. A few more miles there's the CN, CP, and WC lines. Now if I were to go into Chicago then I will see NS, Amtrash, the "EL", and a few others.

Dave

Back