What i'd really like to see next.. Ffestiniog Railway updated to 09

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I'm wondering how many people think this would be a good idea..
With TRS09 having the Settle and Carlise, and the great steam support provided from TC3 onwards theres a route just begging to be updated which would be an awesome drive with steam.. The Ffestiniog!

The Ffestiniog has already been made and has just about all the rolling stock you need for it built..

Does the creator of these still dable in Trainz or has he left for far off shores? I'd really love to see the stock updated for TC3/TRS09. The route and stock would make a great package addon for TS09 in my opinion.

What do you think?
David

I'm wondering how many people think this would be a good idea..
With TRS09 having the Settle and Carlise, and the great steam support provided from TC3 onwards theres a route just begging to be updated which would be an awesome drive with steam.. The Ffestiniog!

The Ffestiniog has already been made and has just about all the rolling stock you need for it built..

Does the creator of these still dable in Trainz or has he left for far off shores? I'd really love to see the stock updated for TC3/TRS09. The route and stock would make a great package addon for TS09 in my opinion.

What do you think?
David

You probably wouldn't get the rolling stock updated or not as it's not been released to the DLS, Kevmt had an agreement with the FR not to do so, I believe he is producing stuff now for one of the other sims. Updating the stock to remove the errors in 2009 is easy enough took me about a hour or so but there again they are not going to get on the DLS, I think the creator is fairly unmovable on that point although he has allowed Benk87 to do some reskins, again not on the DLS. They are on TrainZone if you haven't found them yet. http://www.trainzone.co.nz/ffestiniog.htm

OK was keeping fairly quite about this however ..........
Regarding the layout I'm part way through the combined Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland using a Dem for accuracy or as near as I can get and that's on 2009, still needs a heck of a lot of work doing on it though, like more protypical buildings for a start.
Currently I'm using a nearest fit glue together method :hehe: and then replace when I can find or get made or make myself. I should be getting some screen shots together of progress so far. It will probably take at least another 6 months to finish it, started last December ! Track complete from Ffestiniog to Snowdon Ranger on the Welsh Highland, including the Cross Town link at Porthmadog, Minfford Yard, Glanypwll works, Boston Lodge, the short Welsh Highland Heritage Railway at Portmadoc, Standard Gauge line from a mile or so south of Phenhyndraeth to Porthmadog, Standard Gauge Link at Ffestiniog, plenty to keep someone occupied for a few hours when it gets finished:eek:

Next project after that is the original version / routes of both in the heyday of the slate industry. Should be easier, less buildings and trees around then ;)

Malc

where can i get the ffestinihog route for trs 04 or 06 does anyone know?

On the DLS just search for Ffestiniog, there also a half finished Tallyllyn and a few other two foot UK type routes, Blackton Valley is worth a look as well.

Malc

i would love to see those railways modeld in trainz but even if somone did produce a layout good enough for auran to make a package it would need intirely new rolling stock ie with animated door, passengers and couplings and i dought weather any on would take on the task of of doing 100 plus items of rolling stock and an ideal thing would be to have the package split profits half to auran and half to the ffestinog railway.

i would love to see those railways modeld in trainz but even if somone did produce a layout good enough for auran to make a package it would need intirely new rolling stock ie with animated door, passengers and couplings and i dought weather any on would take on the task of of doing 100 plus items of rolling stock and an ideal thing would be to have the package split profits half to auran and half to the ffestinog railway.

I'm doing the Ffestiniog plus Welsh Highland route for 2010, can't as yet back it down to 2009 although I have tried.
Taster here:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=56167&highlight=clam1952

looks great cant wait ive seen your a amazing content creator could you complete the set of locos and rolling stock before you relice the route?
and could you ask kevment to u8pdate his ng16 with recent and future liverys please?

looks great cant wait ive seen your a amazing content creator could you complete the set of locos and rolling stock before you relice the route?
and could you ask kevment to u8pdate his ng16 with recent and future liverys please?

Actually benk87 has reskined a lot of kevmt's FR stock, with permission including two variant's on the NG16's plus belken has updated some for 2009, all are on Trainzone underneath Kevins originals. I would suspect that when the new NG16 liveries are in use, one of them will probably come up with something.

Once I've finished my current Railworks ng excursion I was thinking about doing a UK ng route for TS2009, but top of the list is the Leek and Manifold which I've become quite interested in.

Once I've finished my current Railworks ng excursion I was thinking about doing a UK ng route for TS2009, but top of the list is the Leek and Manifold which I've become quite interested in.

That would be a good choice for a route, keep coming across info on the Leek and Manifold on the web while I'm researching stuff and it looks like an interesting project for someone.

Just a quick post since I've seem my name mentioned :)

The Ffestiniog Trainz models were made for use on the Ffestiniog website. Basically, they were being used as a type of advertisement material for the railway, drawing in people who may not have heard of it before (from the mail, received I reckon that it was quite succesful.

After a webmaster change, it was decided that the models no longer fitted in with the kind of website the railway was trying to develop.

Thankfully, Sirgibby was kind enough to give my Trainz models a home on his trainzone website.

The desision not to put these models on the DLS is now purely my own.

Some of these models are 9 years old and I was planning to upgrade some of them to 2010 standard and I did make a start with britomart:-

brit09.jpg

Unfortunately, I have recently developed a nasty RSI injury in my right arm that has halted all trainsim development until it has improved. Although I can do a bit of basic work using the mouse in the left hand, I'm finding impossible to do any accurate or artistic work with it.

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin,
Sorry to hear about the RSI, I had a similar problem, left wrist though and probably due to 45 odd years of guitar playing, luckily for me it wasn't the right hand that was affected, given a long rest it's now much better, just have to remember not to overdo it!
Your admiring fans will just have to be patient for a while. ;)

Kevin,
Sorry to hear about the RSI, I had a similar problem, left wrist though and probably due to 45 odd years of guitar playing, luckily for me it wasn't the right hand that was affected, given a long rest it's now much better, just have to remember not to overdo it!
Your admiring fans will just have to be patient for a while. ;)

Thanks Malc,

To be honest, I doubt if many people will remember me :)

Have to admit that I'm finding it a bit frustrating, at the moment. I've been told it may be up to 3 months before it will be back to normal.

I will certainly have to watch how much I do, in the future. I'd hate to think how many models I've made in the last 9 years!!

Cheers,
Kevin

Out of interest, what is the group's verdict on the best built in ng gauge to use, for motive power, rolling stock and other resources. When I do Leek & Manifold I would rather use the most popular and catered for gauge, than necessarily the correct one. Particularly relevant is passenger stock.

Out of interest, what is the group's verdict on the best built in ng gauge to use, for motive power, rolling stock and other resources. When I do Leek & Manifold I would rather use the most popular and catered for gauge, than necessarily the correct one. Particularly relevant is passenger stock.

2 foot has the most available UK loco's and passenger rolling stock, there is a small amount of 2ft 3in Talyllyn made by kevmt, don't think that there is anything UK wise for 2ft 6" which as you will know is the Leek and Manifold Gauge. There is however a lot of Irish and Isle of Man 3ft which may well look more typical of the L&M stock.

Back