Websites

stmsoccer

TrainzForge Advisor
Hey guys, as many of you know, I was the founder and web designer of what is now known as Trainz Forge. I know that many people are starting 3rd party websites now and that many people have no idea how to do codes and java scripts. I am offering to be able to design websites for anyone who is in need.
There will be a small fee but understand that it is a good amount of time that I put into blending pictures and scripts to work flawlessly together to appear as one design. A little about my background, I am a design major and study architecture, art and graphic design, so I am very attuned to making everything look as one composition. I will be offering 2 different services,
1. The design of your website custom to you and that is it. I will take whatever logos and images you give me and build it around your ideas. $28
2 . The website design will be accompanied by a design of a logo and concept for your team. I will be able to design you a logo you are happy with and create you a brand. $35
Please if you have interest email me at josh.helzlsouer@Comcast.net
Hopefully if all goes well I will be doing this for awhile.
Thanks in advance
Josh (stmsoccer)
Trainz Forge

Based on what a regular designer / programmer costs, this is a great deal.
Based on what even a junior designer / programmer costs, this is still a great deal.

Just to put things in perspective: I am training designers / programmers as my day job and my company would charge you $600/day/person to join my class (and no, that is not even close to what ends on my bank account) and a consultant would cost around $1200/day. I am sure some companies do it for a lot less, but nowhere close to $35.

So... All those people who just started a website and want a nice deal: go go ;-)
Those 3rd party content creators might want to consider first making content first though (also before announcing it).

O... And before someone asks... No, I am in no way related to stmsoccer. I simply wanted to comment that he is offering an interesting deal.

@ stmsoccer,

You might want to fix a minor thing to your website though... When I click on "routes" and in the new page that loads click on "Patriot River Lines", I get a huge black gap and have to scroll down before I see actual content. You might want to fix that; people who have a smaller screen than I do might just think that page has no content yet. I am using IE11.
Another thing... If I scroll all the way down, the website scrolls up a tiny bit. No biggy; just annoying.

Yup, extremely cheap. Last website I built for a client they paid close to 5 digits and I'm by no means a good web designer - I barely scrape in the competent pool.

When I click on "routes" and in the new page that loads click on "Patriot River Lines", I get a huge black gap and have to scroll down before I see actual content.

Just needs the following added to a page specific style sheet:

Code:
[FONT=Consolas][COLOR=#888888][COLOR=#222222].tall-header-page .wsite-header[/COLOR][/COLOR] {display:none;}
[/FONT]

Another thing... If I scroll all the way down, the website scrolls up a tiny bit. No biggy; just annoying.

I'm not getting that on Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.

I guess I will just add that one to the "I blame Microsoft" list :hehe:.

Either that or the CSS is specified as "webkit-xxx" on whatever function is causing it not covering IE. Most of the time I find when it "bumps" the page it's a scroll point animation. Like a button sliding in when you get to a scroll point. I'm not about to go digging for something not obvious. :p

thanks guys, it's actually because the image hasn't been put in, we were missing an updated photo and just haven't got around to it yet. In all seriousness though, I am doing this because I have found that I am able to think design situations like this through, and being in college I could always use the extra cash. It also helps with my new dog. However if anyone has any questions, feel free to email me or PM me, I check both and will be happy to answer, give me at least 24 hours to respond, I have a lot of work on a daily basis.

Back