Video card Geforce

celje

I had Geforce GTS250 2gb and now is replaced with Asus gtx 560 ti DirectCUII 2 gb. I'm disappiointed because TS12 in new geforce work almost equal as it was in 250.

Intel Core2 ,E8400, 3ghz
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
Ram 4 GB, 2x2GB dual channel
power 550W

I was expecting the better fps, has anyone experience with gtx 560ti.
Any help please.

regards
celje

Last edited:
The CPU is a serious weak link there.

Your gonna have to upgrade the CPU, Motherboard, Memory and probably power supply to see the benefit of that video card.

My GTX 560 runs great (see sig for system specs), but if a route uses a lot of them older billboard style trees instead of speed trees then I don't get much out of it.

You've got a DDR5 graphics card in a DDR2 board which I think will slow the card down.

Most of the advantage in using a higher end video card are limited to running the game(s) in higher resolution with no loss of speed or detail. Gamers that use low resolutions on smaller monitors will not see much improvement over a mid-class card.

Thank you very much for your help.
In this moment I'm not enthusiastic to spend additional money for hardware. If i replace CPU then i must replace motherbord too.
I tried Superfudd's advice.
In settings of trainzoptions i had two limitations, -framerate=30 and -framestoaverage=20. After deleting this, Main menu show more then 250fps in OpenGL and inside the session fps are higher (before 8-12, then 12-18 with very high stuttering. Then i return this conditions with values 100/80 and results is much more promising. Almost no stuttering and fps 12-22.
I know, soon or later i must invest in CPU and motherboard.
All, thank you very much for your advices.

regards
celje

OpenGl? try DirectX think you should get a big improvement, openGL is about 50% down on DirectX frame rates on all the latest Nvidia cards I've used.

Last edited:
Back