Vale of Gochwyn railway

This is a little route I've been making for a while now, on and off, and I've decided I want to show off a bit. It's called the Vale of Gochwyn railway, it's 2ft gauge (of course!) and it's based in north Wales. It's my best route yet, I think! I'm not getting over-ambitious with it, unlike all my old ones. I'm also keeping the textures toned down, and adding much more shrubbery.
It's a simple NG line built around 1918, to take goods and people between two small towns. This route is designed to show the (fictitious) line in it's dying years (note the missing siding!), the late 50s. Soon all the the locos and stock will be sold or put into storage and the rails torn up. In the 2000s, it shall be restored, but it'll never be the same as it was in it's glory days.

The locos are all avaliable on 24ngtrainzers.webs.com, and 'Gwen' even has a custom cab! I'll be putting this there too when it's done.

This is it so far:

goch01.jpg

0-4-4t 'Gwen' sizzles in the station with an up passenger train, whilst 'Popinjay' and 'Dylan' shunt the sidings in the background.

goch02.jpg

The (invisible :eek:) signal drops, and the train proceeds to make it's way up the line. A resident petrol-mechanical resides in a siding in the foreground.

goch03.jpg

A typical stretch of line... (there are hillier bits and forest bits planned...)

goch04.jpg

Level crossing...

goch05.jpg

More countryside...

*continued*

Last edited:
*continued*

goch06.jpg

Even more...

goch07.jpg

And the approach to the bridge, currently the end of the line. There's a noticeable lack of scenery here.

goch08.jpg

On the bridge.

goch10.jpg

Back at the station...

goch11.jpg

And an overview of the station.

More to come,

Chris :wave:

Last edited:
Some shots at night... I've made quite a lot of progress since the last round...

goch12.jpg

Beginnings of the first town...

goch13.jpg

...Updated shot of the station yard...

goch14.jpg

...and the waterfall and bridge...

goch15.jpg

...'Dylan' with a short goods...

goch16.jpg

...entering the town...

goch17.jpg

...and into the yard, allowing 'Gwen' to leave with her passenger train...

goch18.jpg

...A shot from the main road...

goch19.jpg

...spot the train!...

goch20.jpg

...and at the level crossing seen in the last post.

I hope you like them, more soon!

Chris:wave:

It's soon!

The line looks so much better than anything else I've ever made, and I' really pleased with it.

Just some random shots this time.

goch25.jpg

Map of the line so far. It's not much!

goch21.jpg

From the main road. I'm pleased with this view!

goch28.jpg

Waterfall... (I did name it, but I've forgotten)

goch26.jpg

Looking back towards the town.

goch29.jpg

Level crossing, just beyond the bridge.

goch27.jpg

Bridge approach.

goch22.jpg

Level crossing.

goch24.jpg

Well, this pretty much sums up the area in which I've been taking screenies...

goch23.jpg

Gochwyn town's been coming along nicely.

goch30.jpg

And here's the station.

If you want to comment, please do! I'm open to suggestions and advice.

More to come,

Chris

Looks like it is comming a long very nice

you also take nice pics

keep up the nice work

Tom

I have to say, these locos and coaches are amazing! I would really like to see some of the RHDR or locos based on those of the RHDR, in TRS, I'd love to be able to recreate that line! ;) Any chance of such locos?

Thanks
Tom

No. It is unfinished, and I shall release it when it is done. Even then, please don't merge it without specifically asking to (No real reason, I just prefer it that way). Plus, it has progressed quite a lot since that screenie was taken. Do it yourself, have fun, learn something from it. A few tips:

1: Use lots of trees and shrubs
2: Vary the textures, but keep them dark
3: Base station trackplans from pictures you may find around (Gochwyn Town's trackplan is from a Model Railway magazine)
4: Use appropriate buildings and vehicles for the era and area (No supermarkets in a small 1950's village, for example)

Last edited:
Do it yourself, referring to the tips in my last post. I'll help if you like (Chrisnightingale27<at>yahoo.co.uk, if you didn't already know that).

Last edited:
Back