Used triggers to determine train lengths or load?

escd84

Is it possible to use the "variable check" rule to determine the length of a train or the load of a train and then give him a new tasks or goals by a sub-rule.

Example: randon trains are generated by a portal with the goal to another portal. The train reaches a trigger which should check the length of the train. It is checked if the train is shorter or longer as "X". If he is longer then he should get a new command which says that he should drive over trackmark "TM" (which is a detour) and then to the portal.

I assume it is possible to program something like that.

Can't help you with your specific request, but if you are planning to do some programming or changing the priority of the train would already be enough for you for now, take a look at this asset:
<kuid2:645812:100106:6> Update max speed and priority
It is a trigger (build by me) that checks a train for various conditions, one being load (one of the things you asked for), and changes the priority or max speed of the train according to that. The priority alone could already decide which route a train takes between two points.

Thanks for the tip, your asset is indeed very helpful. I was able to handle a part of my problem with it, namely the double-stack intermodal trains have to take a different route (on the direct route the tunnels are too low for that) by itself. Now they get a different priority and with the priorities track marks has it actually works. Unfortunately, you can only add 1 product, but the double-stack wagons have some more double-stack products.

Will try it again in combination with the "scheduleattrackmark" rule. This recognizes your content as a trigger and when the two work together then there are also great opportunities. Could imagine that trains which have loaded a specific product, needed for an industry on the map, be led into a yard and stay there instead of driving through them!

Now I'm going to think about the short passing places.

Back