Uploading to the DLS

Hi Harry,

Go to My Trainz and you can upload your vehicles there. It's pretty straightforward and is pretty reliable.

Also, I have edited some vehicles so will these also be uploaded?

Last of all, does it include my regium? Please see picture link below.
Are these original vehicles that you have created? In which case you have to upload them separately. Or have you modified someone else's work? In which case you will have to get their permission to upload your mods.

If you have set the routes region to one of the standard built-in or DLS regions then there is no need to upload it. If you have created your own region (default switch types, default ground texture, road traffic, etc) then you will need to upload that as well.

Thank you guys for your support.

Are these original vehicles that you have created? No

Or have you modified someone else's work? I have done a clone and then just saved it as the same name but added HC to the front of the name "HC JCAR Ferrari F458 Itaria"

The reason I did this is some vehicles don't work and the ones that do I add HC to the name.

So no changes to the actual asset only as a reference for me.

What do you think paware?

Regards

Harry

I have done a clone and then just saved it as the same name but added HC to the front of the name "HC JCAR Ferrari F458 Itaria"

So no changes to the actual asset only as a reference for me.
A clone is an exact copy of the original asset. All it changes is the kuid code number. Changing the name does not alter the fact that you MUST obtain permission from the original creator before you can upload the asset. Failure to do so will result in your cloned assets being removed from the DLS, your name and reputation will almost certainly be "trashed" in these forums and you could receive a ban from uploading anything to the DLS. Would it be worth all of that?

The first thing to do is to check if the original creator has included in the config.txt file of the asset any statement such as "free to copy and upload". If such a statement is present then you have permission to upload your modified asset (although you could argue that a name change is not a modification) but it is good practice to include in the asset description the name of the original creator.

If the above statement is not present then try contacting the creator to ask, politely, for permission. Explain what you have done and why. If you do not get a response then that is NOT permission to upload.

Thank you so much pware and will work with your advice. As each asset I have cloned is with a prefix of HC I should hopefully be able to replace the assets with the originals with asset replace, and then change the config file ready to upload. I will keep you all up to date and once again thank you so much for your support. Regards Harry

Back