UP SD9043MAC Misplaced Ditchlights?

traincrazy0918

Keepin it on the rails!
I downloaded the locomotive just fine, and it installed without any hassle. However, when running the locomotive with the lights on, the ditchlights appear to be floating in space, far above and further in than the normal ditchlights. They almost look correct for another ditchlight config that places the ditchlights above the front walkway, instead of below as the the UP version has it. I will re-download/ re-install to see if it corrects the issue. Otherwise, there may be a potential attachment point issue on this locomotive.

Interesting, as all of the UP SD9043MAC's have the ditchlights under the cab walkway. Now if it were the AC4400CW's, some do and others don't, so it would be mixed, but I haven't noticed the issue, but just becuase I have not seen it doesn't mean its not there.

Detail slider is on full, as it has always been. Can't have JR locomotives at a low polycount, now can we?

The kuid for the locomotive is <kuid2:45324:100287:1>.
Screenshots are coming this way. It seems to be a very peculiar issue, so I'm going to sort it out one way or another.

EDIT; The plot thickens!
The coronas for the rear headlights on the locomotive seem to be misplaced as well. They appear offset to the right from the actual lights, though not by much.
Someone at JR having a bad day with their attachment points, or something wrong on my end? Going to attempt a re-install of the locomotive, we'll see how it goes.
Images;
db7ea9e03772c3f994945dd31a0d55ab.jpg
70ad6da5f2cb9574d5e3e12b4d7fce7f.jpg

Last edited:
What you also may experience is that next time you go to check this the attachments are in the correct place! Apparently I placed a low LoD model from another sd90 (probably to cure the low-level 500 poly warning) and accidentally put a mismatching attach point version in.

I re-uploaded a copy to fix. just download it again.

I think it is your end. Works fine here.
*Pic Removed*
As Justin said, it was an issue with a version of the locomotive that I downloaded. Not necessarily the same one you did.

Anyways, thanks for the notification that few people were having this issue.

Back