Unknown location in Content Manager ??

ex-railwayman

I've just had the ignomany of a 4.5 hour database repair and upon opening CMP I now have 465 assets showing with a big grey question mark stating unknown location, some of the items I have installed already from weeks ago, but, many others I haven't got at all, they are still on the DLS as they are a new build number that I don't have in my TS12. Does anyone know how I can change the status of this content please, and why do we have an unknown location anyway in CMP, it seems rather superfluous, you've either got the asset installed, or, you haven't ????

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
the thing i tried that worked in this situation was to just go in to driver or surveyor to some route and then close program and reopen seemed to work itout other wise UGH try a QDR or try to re download the ones you have should then show them as installed.

Thanks for your response Beckster, but, after going into several routes and after logging off and logging on over the last couple of days doesn't seem to have done much, so, I've sort of given up now.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

hey all,

I have sent my mega list of un-downloadable / unknown location but showing as downloadable assets to help desk working on it BUT had an issue with windows and had to rebuild computer AGAIN!

This ment I had to reinstall TS 12 but I was able to retain all the old TS 12 stuff so once i downloaded the latest downloadable install files and installed it, I did the old cut and paste to the new directory of all the stuff in the old directory. All works fine.

Here is the strange thing though, now all those assets that wouldnt download are apparently downloading ok working back from todays date on the list and will post here the result.

so for those with problems try a fresh install of latest version install files and cut and paste directories from old location it may help

Hey all,

During working on this problem I have also found that the number of items your searching for can make a difference to how well CM3.7 finds items. So if your having this problem try to download a smaller selection. I have found that doing a day by day or month by month search seems to work OK, ie: sort the DLS listing by date and then choose all in it for a single day or month.

If you are only after a certain cat of items you can do this by the main filter similar to this:

on DLS true
Category ...... (what ever items you looking for)
Installed False
and not
obsolete true
and not
out of date true

Then when you get a list on screen click on the installed date list heading to arrange by date and by clicking on it multiple times it will list them from newest to oldest or oldest to newest.

Remember the payware AND the CM3.8 items will still show in the search result if there are any and these will not download inless you have bought the item or are using the version of TS12 for the MAC (CM 3.8)

hope this helps

Hey All,

OK here is the sort of solution to my download problems and constant data base repairs in CM:

1) When downloading if you select a large number of items it will confuse the CM download helper and it will show some as unavailable when in fact they are!

2) Items showing as Build 3.8 are not compatible with PC Trainz but no real answer on how to stop them showing in a search result!

3) payware items that show up on CM cant be filtered out and cant (obviously) be downloaded unless you have already purchased the item. This sounds like a bit of payware advertising since if you purchase anything and have to reinstall it is automatically re installed when you first log on to the TS 12 start page, so why do they need to show in CM anyway????

4)It is not recommended to download a large amount from the DLS freeware as it makes the data base file too large and subject to corruption, this sounds logical till you think about data base files on some systems are even terabyte in size. However it does explain the dreaded TADD rebuild problems some are having.

Hope this helps you all with the CM issues you may be having.

Cheers Becky

Back