Unable to move splines to another layer

buci

Hi,

I would like to move scenery splines such as FMA Shrubs 37137 and similar to another layer with Bulk asset update/replace RAndomly move... but it seems that this functionality is not working.
Same goes for Randomly delete function.
Asset replace with another spline works OK.

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards
Darko

I can confirm that. It seems to be a bug.

The problem only seems to affect spline objects, non-splines can be moved. I did the usual checks such as making sure that source and destination layers are unlocked and the percentage to be move was set to 100%

I have made a bug report.

I was also noticing and still testing that non-functionality but it does seem that splines are having a hard time in recent builds.

Not a bug, just a "yet-to-be-implemented" feature (due to complications that arise with the process that need a lot of special case handling).

Does that also explain incomplete replacement? When exchanging one track for another often not all will be exchanged, even when everywhere is selected.

Does that also explain incomplete replacement? When exchanging one track for another often not all will be exchanged, even when everywhere is selected.

This is a bug (that has not been reported afaik). Please provide repro steps.

pware said:
Thank you for that update Tony. I will look forward to the "feature".
Me too :)

That's not going to be easy to provide repro instructions. First I only noticed because the replacement track was visually very different and the route has no scenery textures yet so it was obvious. It is a large route, so is it distance from the swap point, total volume or some combination? That will take some time to work out.

Back