Unable to change coaches' initial passenger count!

fen_tiger

Building the Wisbech line
I have altered the passenger's intial count for a BR MK1 TSO coach to 48 through its content creator plus editor, but the number of passengers in the coach (when viewing the coach in driver) still only remains at just 10 after I had changed and saved this figure in CCP.. And when right-clicking on the coach in a driver route session, the html browser window for the coach still shows its intial count at 10 but there is no commodity click button to change the figure from 10..

TS12 is being stupid!

Andy

If they are these ones by Mike10

BR Mk1 TSO Regional Railways,<kuid2:35412:10218:40>
BR Mk1 TSO NSE,<kuid2:35412:10069:41>
BR Mk1 TSO Maroon,<kuid2:35412:10064:41>
BR Mk1 TSO Inter-City (logo),<kuid2:35412:10202:1>
BR Mk1 TSO Inter-City,<kuid2:35412:10189:40>
BR Mk1 TSO Interior NSE,<kuid2:35412:55014:40>
BR Mk1 TSO Interior blue,<kuid2:35412:55013:40>
BR Mk1 TSO Interior,<kuid2:35412:55012:40>
BR Mk1 TSO Green,<kuid2:35412:10067:41>
BR Mk1 TSO Carmine,<kuid2:35412:10066:41>
BR Mk1 TSO Brown,<kuid2:35412:10068:41>
BR Mk1 TSO Blue,<kuid2:35412:10065:41>

you will not be able to do anything with them as they are DRM'ed up to the hilt.

They include the Tag:

privileges
{
is-payware-content 1
}

Use edit, edit in explorer, then something like notepad++ or even notepad. Change the initial count and save. The next time you add the coach it will have the new count. However any existing coaches on a route will have the old count so delete them and add them again. Check to see what the maximum count is as well. Adding visible passengers or any visible load adds considerably to the impact on the machine.

Cheerio John

I found out by cloning these coaches and then creating a new copy of the clone under my own KUID, changes through their CCP's can be made without any problems. I have managed to successfully changed engine specs, tail lamps and bogeys through my own KUID clone copies of those coaches, and even the passenger counts, but this only by cloning the coach to my own user KUID will CCP then allow me to re-configure the coaches with different tail lamps, etc.

* When in driver mode, I found out by placing a coach (with only 10 passengers) on the track first and then going into consist browser and cloning the coach, subsequent consist cloned coaches on the track have the same passenger numbers as I input and save through the CCP editor.

My BR Class 03 shunter has improved head/tail lamps (class corona white / class corona red) and tweaked engine sounds.

Andy.

Last edited:
Since you have been able to clone them you presumably do not have the S&C DLC add-on and therefore my post is not relevant to your particular problem.

By the way do you have all the coaches from:

http://www.settleandcarlisle.co.uk/

go to Content (left side panel) followed by additional coaches you will find many mk1 coaches.

Nope, I don't have the S&C add-on pack for my copy of TS12.

I've instead been on the trainz classics website to obtain a few BR MK1 coaches, (TSO, RMB, RBK in blue & grey and intercity liveries) for future route requirements. And I've also been on the S&C website too and found plenty of BR Mk1 NSE stock should I think these could prove a worthy asset.

Since I downloaded the Mk1 stock from the TC website, tweaking their tail lamps and engine specs through TS12's CCP presented no problems, except for having to delete three obselete tags (highlighted in red) from the main traincar folder, to get the coaches to appear on a test route in order to check my coach upgrade were okay.

Many regards.

Andy.

Last edited:
* This is just a screenshot example of my BR Class 03 re-worked with upgraded head / tail lamps. I think this shunter looks far better now using 'class corona red light' and 'class corona white light' than the originally installed basic red and white coronas.. I resized the new lamp coronas to 0.075 in CCP and also fitted a two-tone class 03 horn and even new engine sounds for final effect.

Last edited:
Back