UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

GWR 'Barnum' arriving from the mysterious West (the hidden western loop sidings) and heading for Bunbury and then Moxbury on my 'hidden in a fold in the map' Norfolk layout. This is a scheduled daily arrival on what passes for a timetable on my layout and it all works out reasonably well so far. Despite TRS22's glitchy behaviour the 'Barnum' arrives at platform 4 at Moxbury and after a pause for the passengers to safely disembark it toots its whistle, uncouples and heads off to Moxbury's MPD. It does this without any problems despite Moxbury station and yards being a long narrow sprawl beside the town, only once it arrives as a green stranger amongst all the ultramarine blue, tops off its tender tank and then finds its way onto the turntable road I'm somewhat stumped.

At present I'm having to manually drive the 'Barnum' onto the turntable and turn it before selecting the AI schedule for it to return to its train, couple up and head back into the mysterious West. What I'm wondering is if there is a Driver Command I could use to make the need to turn the engine a seamless part of the AI operation? Up until now I've used tank engines to avoid this kind of maneuver, but for this particular arrival at Moxbury I really do need to use a tender engine, - and running tender first away from Moxbury isn't an option.
The turntable itself is wonderfully uncomplicated by the way with there only being the one entry and exit track.

yDCVmBQ.jpg

Q7f0I3x.jpg

Annie, there is a turntable move rule or script. Which once the loco is on the TT, it operates automatically.
I am pretty sure you can set the AI loco to drive to turntable, as if it's an industry.
Lovely pics, you have a proper loco and rolling stock 🤣

EDIT: Or as i just tried, place a track mark in the centre of the turntable and adjust the radius to conform to the radius of the TT, or slightly less.
Then you can set the AI to drive to the track mark, then use the move TT command to turn the loco.

Mike.

Last edited:
Annie, there is a turntable move rule or script. Which once the loco is on the TT, it operates automatically.
I am pretty sure you can set the AI loco to drive to turntable, as if it's an industry.
Lovely pics, you have a proper loco and rolling stock 🤣

EDIT: Or as i just tried, place a track mark in the centre of the turntable and adjust the radius to conform to the radius of the TT, or slightly less.
Then you can set the AI to drive to the track mark, then use the move TT command to turn the loco.

Mike.
Thank you very much Mike, - I'll have an experiment with that tomorrow morning and see how I get on.

The 'Barnum' and its coaches are by Steve Flanders and they really are lovely models. The 'Barnum' in particular was exactly the class of late 19th century Great Western engine I wanted as a visitor at Moxbury so when Steve said that he was going to make a 'Barnum' I was very pleased.

These are some really lovely screenshots! Really happy to see this thread flourishing again. Maybe I should fire up Trainz once again, maybe start working on some stuff again...hmm...

Lovely work tanker!

More progress from Ashby today.
Johnson 2F returns brake van from the Holywell Mill towards Ashby yard. Passing Thornley's Coal sidings and Our Lady Of Lourdes church.

This part of the line through the town had footpaths running alongside both sides and many ungated crossings. I don't know what the speed restriction was but imagine the trains ran through slowly, even if then was the line to Derby.

cDPQw7c.jpeg

ecG8jcw.jpeg

feqAFMe.jpeg

XQsgEV5.jpeg

Sadly the branch line between Ashby and Derby was lifted in 1955. Ending a long and interesting history of railways along this route starting in the early 1800s as the Ashby Canal Tramway. The Midland line was build on the route of the original tramway (with a few alterations for larger radius curve).

Stations along the route were, starting from Ashby, Worthington, Breedon and Tonge, Melbourne, it then joined the main route between Chellaston and Derby.

#6487. South London advances ever onwards Tanker.

#6488. Wonderfully atmospheric screenshots George. All those ungated crossings must've driven the engine crews nuts.

#6489. A deceptively simple looking screenshot PLP with the careful way you build up your routes very much on show. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a Class 24 in a screenshot here on the forums.

A lovely scene Annie, I especially like the touch of the station cat!

What assets are the platform and the station name board?
Thanks George, - I really like the cat too.

The station name board is: - <kuid:275817:23031> Nameboard N3c 15 by Ray Whiley. It's based on a M&GN design and Ray did a series of them in various lengths.

The timber platform is: - <kuid:381430:3268> Timber Halt Platform Spline (Lattice) by Jay Holland.

And to complete the picture Annie, what is the platform shelter/building?

Paul

<kuid:166065:100330> EMT Station Building Wooden #1

And there is a matching smaller building as well.

<kuid:166065:100334> EMT Station Platform Hut #1

Both were originally made for the late and much missed Graham's (euromodeller) Madden Valley project.

Have not posted for a while.

Giving Tornado a run on "Lake District UK; the CKPR" by "gparker" Kuid <336550:1002717.

<picture snipped>
Nice to see you posting again. The 'Lake District Uk' is a nice route and one that I should have a look at again sometime.

A fairly boring screenshot from me. Affiliated (Imaginary) Railway Companies No.4 waits for the guard's whistle at Bluebell Magna with a local passenger service to Little Keldon via Muddle Junction.

ygzjNvF.jpg

Back