UK ICI (PHV) BOGIE LIMESTONE HOPPER WAGONS

WOW, I remember these from years ago,

The closest thing I've found is on the LTSV Trainz website, they are similar, but unfortunatly not the type you were asking about,

Maybe posting to Mike on the Trainz Classics forum, and see if anyone can make these in the near future for Trainz classics and Trainz 2010, look through the Trainz Classics forum for Trainzclassics.co.uk Updated to find Mike, he is one of many behind the updates.

Sorry I can't help you any further, but a nice find that brought back happy memories...

Joe Airtime

Yes full of memories for me too, from visits to my Gran in the Peak District in the 80's. They worked the Tunstead-Northwich trains for approx 60 years and are pretty iconic in their own way. I would love to see them in Trainz.

I'm pretty sure none of the UK creators have made them, but I was hoping something similar might exist from our European friends. US ones would probably be too big for a UK route.

Have a look at these

Hi Stovepipe

Check out KUID:283805:15129 to 15135 by tmz06003 described aas "BR YGH Dutch"

Martin

Try these usernames

John Whelan and John Goddard, they both created UK goods stock, oh, and Bob Sanders.

Angela

Hi Stovepipe

Check out KUID:283805:15129 to 15135 by tmz06003 described aas "BR YGH Dutch"

Martin

Thanks - I have these wagons which were for dropping ballast in permanent way maintenance trains, rather than point to point haul.

The ICI hoppers were also a good bit bigger, weighing 70t full as opposed to the 40t YGH. They were the biggest hoppers in regular use for a very longtime - they made quite an impression as they passed by creaking and groaning.:)

Thanks Angela - I'll have another look through these gents stuff - I think it is mostly 4 wheel wagons tho'.

regards
Stovepipe

Thanks - I have these wagons which were for dropping ballast in permanent way maintenance trains, rather than point to point haul.

The ICI hoppers were also a good bit bigger, weighing 70t full as opposed to the 40t YGH. They were the biggest hoppers in regular use for a very longtime - they made quite an impression as they passed by creaking and groaning.:)

Thanks Angela - I'll have another look through these gents stuff - I think it is mostly 4 wheel wagons tho'.

regards
Stovepipe

One of the graphics people I work with from time to time likes ICI so there is a chance something might get done but not until the current coach project is finished. Some sort of plan might be helpful.

Thanks John

I'll take that chance :)

I've sent you an email with a drawing from the diagram book and some more info.

Thank-you - and happy 5000th post!

Last edited:
Back