TS2010 Session making competition - feedback

Swordfish

Try this procedure

1.open route, 2.choice session, 3.edit session, 4.open layers(F6), 5.mark session layer ( if there is only original one, session-layer, you must made new by clicking ''add layer''(+) and type the name from your choice e.g. test and choice ''session'' in ''Add to'' and click ok, now you have the new session layer with the name test.) 6. mark test 7.then make changes in the session, 8. click Ctrl+F2, 9. It show ''Do you wish to save changes and start driver'', click ''save'' and window will open with option ''Overwrite existing session'' or ''Create new session''.
If you have 44088 build then you will have only option ''Create new session'' (look post #131 too)
When you work in existing session you have not need to make the name for new session layer (step 5 ).
If this procedure don't work then the reason is, that you try to change something which is not allowed.

I hope that this will help

regards
celje

Last edited:
rules

I was searching for built in infinity resource operation.
I tried
1.ordered list
2.-resource check
3.--driver schedule rule v8

Then i put in a different rules for #1: reset list, progressive list. random list and simultaneous list, and for#2 multiple resource check.
All this combinations works only once and don't repeat task. Does exist solution for infinity work?

A couple of time i said that we have not enough information on the screen.
I wish to use a blitz information e.g. 'Train delivered 12/50 items'. Very useful is 'Message console rule', 'MC:Trigger' and 'MC:Add Message'. Can i use them?

regards
celje

Last edited:
How to Submit Session?

OK, I have a Session created. I have used some rules and driver commands that are not biuilt-in, but are on the DLS. The dependencies for a session do not include Rules and Driver Commands. How do I list those Rules and Driver Command assets so the user can get all the assets they need with a minimum amount of effort. Also, is the HTML asset listed as a dependency of the Session?

David

Can I also add the Driver Commands and the Rules that I use for the session to the kuid-table?

David

No Driver commands and session rules are not listed as dependencies. And you will get errors in your session when the person downloading it doesnt have the stuff. The best way is to add it into the description telling people the kuid and the name of the asset they should download.

hert:wave:

No Driver commands and session rules are not listed as dependencies. And you will get errors in your session when the person downloading it doesnt have the stuff. The best way is to add it into the description telling people the kuid and the name of the asset they should download.

hert:wave:

Wow. Your right. I wonder what made me think otherwise.:confused:

I'm 50 years old, gonna blame it on that. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:hehe:

I have a session on the DLS, makes me wonder just how many people have had problems with it and just chalked it up to me being an idiot.:eek:

Oh well, thanks for pointing that out.

Everyone,

There are two bugs in build 44088 that affect session making besides the problem with including dependencies in the route's kuid table. Using the Edit Environment dialogue will cause you to be asked to save the route and attempting to add track to a session and connect it to the track on the route layer will cause a request to save the route. The only work around that I have found is to create your session in an earlier version and then import it into 44088 for testing and upload. Both of these items worked correctly in SP2 but I'm not sure if they worked in SP3 before the hot fix patch.

William

So, back to my question. Can I add these items to the kuid-table or will that cause an error or will Trainz, in its infinite wisdom and AI, rewrite the kuid-table?

David

Hard to say since the save function appears to be broken. All I can offer is try it and see.

William

Last edited:
Bundling items for the DLS

Tried it and it seems to work.

Now, how does one bundle the items needed for a session for the DLS. It seems the bare minimum would be the Session and the HTML asset need to be bundled. Also other items that have been specifically tayored to the session such as a car destination database.

David

How is everyone going with their sessions?

We are about six weeks away from the initial submission date now. Hopefully we've got plenty of entries under way - and there is still time if you haven't started your yet.

James,

Will all sessions submitted to the DLS be considered, or do we need to do something special to let you know a session is for the contest?

David

Will all sessions submitted to the DLS be considered, or do we need to do something special to let you know a session is for the contest?

Nothing special needs to be done - we'll look at all sessions submitted for the qualifying routes.

However, I'd recommend mentioning the session in this thread just to make sure we don't miss it :).

I'm in the contest with my session called "Run For The Money" for the CSX Saginaw Sub route. It just hit the DLS this evening.

I only saw about two other sessions on the DLS that looked like entries - based on the route they used and the presence of a scoring system of some sort. Hope more are on the way, I'm looking forward to some tough competition...

Todd

I am using pguy's QuickPortalManagerV3 that relies on predefined consists for trains to be emitted. Should these consists be included in the session kuid-table so they will be listed as a dependancy? And where are the driver commands and session rules listed as dependancies?

I am using pguy's QuickPortalManagerV3 that relies on predefined consists for trains to be emitted. Should these consists be included in the session kuid-table so they will be listed as a dependency? And where are the driver commands and session rules listed as dependencies?

Anything that needs to be downloaded for the session should be listed in the KUID table of the session asset.

Any driver orders or rules should find their way there automatically.

Any dependencies of rules set up in the session should also be added - a rule can do this automatically using the AppendDependencies() function, but many 3rd party creators appear to have forgotten this part of rule creation, so it's worth checking that anything you need is listed.

It's also worth checking things like products. We've seen sessions previously where a product added to a wagon in surveyor doesn't get into the KUID table. I'm not sure exactly when this was fixed, so it's worth checking (particularly if you've been working on your session for a while).

HTH

James Moody

Back