TS12

tads1

After pledging to the new T2 I thought it would be a good idea to purchase TS12,it's been a few years since my last fix,sadly I've had a relapse
and now need another fix.Where is the best place to buy it,any offers?is there any difference between 06 and 12,will my system be able to run
it?Recommended routes for DLS?

Thanks

Daz

At JointedRail for the same price ... and receive a $20 gift voucher in the E-Mail

Post your PC specs here before purchasing TS12

PC make, model
CPU speed expressed in GHz
CPU type AMD, Intel
OS Windows, Mac
Video card number (1-2Gb)
Hard Drive size
RAM

I also am thinking TS12, as I want to run the NKP Berkshire (which requires SP1) ... But as I haven't even installed TS10,. Is buying TS12 a waste ... as TS2 may be coming out next November ?

Last edited:
My pc specs

no make model/custom built
AMD phenom 2 quadcore black edition @4Ghz
990FX Extreme 4 /quad crossfire/quad sli/Xfastusb
2 TB 6/g sec SATA 3 (AHCI mode)
8 gig Corsair 1600mhz DDR3
EVGA 760GTX 4 gig DDr5
Asus Xonar
Win 7
DX11

I remember the last time i used trainz all those years ago adjusting draw distance had a sharp effect with frame rate,is this the case with TS12?I want to run them big American routes.
Also if i buy now will it come with all the sp or will i have to download them myself?

Thanks

Also if i buy now will it come with all the sp or will i have to download them myself?
If I understand correctly, the current digital download will include SP1.

Draw distance will effect frame rate. The LOD system helps reduce poly count from modern assets at longer range, so that is an improvement. However, a lot of assets do not have LOD (yet).

After pledging to the new T2 I thought it would be a good idea to purchase TS12,it's been a few years since my last fix,sadly I've had a relapse
and now need another fix.Where is the best place to buy it,any offers?is there any difference between 06 and 12,will my system be able to run
it?Recommended routes for DLS?

Thanks

Daz

Hi Daz, You didn't mention your pledge level, so I'll remind you to look at your reward level before purchasing, as a free TS12 might be included, if you pledged a level high enough.

Hi Daz, You didn't mention your pledge level, so I'll remind you to look at your reward level before purchasing, as a free TS12 might be included, if you pledged a level high enough.

Hi,I snapped one of those early bird engineer $55 slots only 100 available.Do I get this free?I'm looking further into my reward level.

Thanks for he additional infomation regarding SP Oknotsen.

Or you get TS12 on a 50% discount now and select a FCT or some of the content as alternative in January.

Thank's for all the advice guys,I just made a purchase on steam.got it for 12 quid,downloading now at 2.2mps.

Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction for service pack updates ,what one do i need?if i purchased this on steam.
Also does anyone have a similar pc to mine,what kind of FPS should I expect below 30?:confused: or above 60:).

Thank's

Daz

You could have bought a digital $19.99 download, or boxed disc from Jointed Rail for $27.99 ... plus get a $20 gift voucher for a next payware order

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing now,although cant see any routes in the route section.Must be browser probs at my end.

Thank's for all the advice guys,I just made a purchase on steam.got it for 12 quid,downloading now at 2.2mps.

Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction for service pack updates ,what one do i need?if i purchased this on steam.
Also does anyone have a similar pc to mine,what kind of FPS should I expect below 30?:confused: or above 60:).

Thank's

Daz

"Steam" versions are updated through Steam automatically, and as Steam sees fit to provide them. One of the drawbacks to Steam versions (current Steam version is just about on par with TS12 SP1, not sure on HotFix level).

I have a similar custom PC...more hardware than the TS12 needs (or can use), so don't expect super performance because you have good PC, but you should get satisfactory results.

"Steam" versions are updated through Steam automatically, and as Steam sees fit to provide them. One of the drawbacks to Steam versions (current Steam version is just about on par with TS12 SP1, not sure on HotFix level).

I have a similar custom PC...more hardware than the TS12 needs (or can use), so don't expect super performance because you have good PC, but you should get satisfactory results.

Thanks for the information on steam and updates KingConrail. I think I'm all up to date although something says I need 262 content updates,I'l get them later today.

Now the boring stuff:

This is the first time in 6 years Ive installed any trainz product,to busy modding/fixing/ that other product.Things that stand out with TS12

First route I played was Mojave Sub,without a doubt this is how a freight train should sound,loud clanking metal on metal,the sub woofer has never had
a better workout in years,very impressed as with loco sounds.
The train felt really heavy when trying to get her going,normally with that other product i'm doing 50mph with 20 coaches and that's just out of the station.
Keeping an eye on the speedo creeping up,yay 20 mph and the bloody thing is loud,what have I been missing all these years.

Performance is fantastic and very smooth at 2500x1600 also using SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3.

Daz

Back