TS 12 has become a nightmare

skipper1945

UKBL team
I patched TS12 to the maximum hotfix2.Initially all seemed ok. BUT NOW on opening CMP it goes online as normal but on launching Trainz the monitor goes black disabling the keyboard and mouse which forces a restart. Once re booted I open CMP and then get the Trainz diagnostic tool page, the green tick box pass out that you get on a new install, that is followed by a full extended data base repair. If I then go into options, all settings have reset eg: openGL has gone to Direct x, display resolution goes to default with the full screen tick box now unticked. Even to the extent of having to re enter my user name and pass word for the download stn / forum. At first I thought corrupted patches,but it had been working ok with the applied patches . Graphic card drivers are up to date. I would be most grateful if someone could solve this nightmare for me. George

Hi George,

Normally that only happens after a bad crash or system shutdown while Trainz is still running or doing something, is it continuing to do this after re-entering all the info? may be worth running a diskcheck just in case something got scrambled.

Thanks for the updates by the way, have actually sorted out the SP1 foibles here already if you find anything odd.

Hi George,

Normally that only happens after a bad crash or system shutdown while Trainz is still running or doing something, is it continuing to do this after re-entering all the info? may be worth running a diskcheck just in case something got scrambled.

Thanks for the updates by the way, have actually sorted out the SP1 foibles here already if you find anything odd.
Malc ,thanks for that info and your kind offer. I`ll give that a try. George

Malc ,thanks for that info and your kind offer. I`ll give that a try. George
Malc . I did as you suggested, ran a check disk and defragged.I thought that had fixed it, Trainz launched as normal but on closing and re launching it was Status Quo back to the black screen. This is so frustrating. George

Quick question - what operating system do you have, and does this freeze happen with any other programs?

Shane
Shane , Win 7 Home Premium. 64 bit,Intel core i5-240 CPU x4 , 4GB Ram. ( Only happening with TS 12 ) I`ve got it sort of running, it seems to want Direct x but prior to this fault it was opening ok with Open GL. On opening TS 12 in Direct x from boot up it always does an EDR and then will keep opening as normal until shutdown. George

I patched TS12 to the maximum hotfix2.Initially all seemed ok. BUT NOW on opening CMP it goes online as normal but on launching Trainz the monitor goes black disabling the keyboard and mouse which forces a restart. Once re booted I open CMP and then get the Trainz diagnostic tool page, the green tick box pass out that you get on a new install, that is followed by a full extended data base repair. If I then go into options, all settings have reset eg: openGL has gone to Direct x, display resolution goes to default with the full screen tick box now unticked. Even to the extent of having to re enter my user name and pass word for the download stn / forum. At first I thought corrupted patches,but it had been working ok with the applied patches . Graphic card drivers are up to date. I would be most grateful if someone could solve this nightmare for me. George
Skipper That ALSO happened to me and the CM would just Sit there and freeze up my keyboard and I would see a window I Brought up over it would Still be there After I closed it. SO I decided to Can SP1 and go back to Pre SP1 conditions, and just replaced the New user database with my backed up one.Sp1 was a hopeless mess for me, with that in mind, I would revert back to Build 49922, until when and If they can fix Sp1 (I doubt it):hehe:

That seems to mirror what I get sometimes, although it can be caused by various issues. There is a hotfix available from Microsoft that may help, although it didn't help me much.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2265716/en-us

In addition to this, check if the Trainzutil process has crashed.

Shane
All I`ve established in patching to build 49922 or up to hotfix2 is that neither will open in Open GL, that gives me the black screen crash, however, switching to Direct x will allow the program to open as per normal. I`ve now found another problem in that the regulator and whistle in my steam cabs will not operate via the mouse in cab mode , the fire plates open ok with the space bar but will not close. Re: the above question, how do you check if the Trainzutil process has crashed ? Any guidance would be most appreciated. George

Malc . I did as you suggested, ran a check disk and defragged.I thought that had fixed it, Trainz launched as normal but on closing and re launching it was Status Quo back to the black screen. This is so frustrating. George

What sort of drive, if it is a ssd then do not defrag ever.

Did you turn off antivirus before upgrade or patches?
Backup the userdata folder before anything else, on another drive.

My best reply would be just stay with build 49922 because it was a nightmare for me so since I went to 49922 everything has been fine until everything is solved not going back to that nightmare

My best reply would be just stay with build 49922 because it was a nightmare for me so since I went to 49922 everything has been fine until everything is solved not going back to that nightmare
I see what you are saying, but build 49922 doesn`t show all faults in assets. Will your build 49922 run with Open GL ? mine only works with Direct X.

I see what you are saying, but build 49922 doesn`t show all faults in assets. Will your build 49922 run with Open GL ? mine only works with Direct X.

I have been running 49922 with both Open GL and Direct X for almost a year. I get better frame rates with DX, so I don't run open GL at all anymore.

Back