Trying to access SCS2006

mbarrett

I am returning to Trainz after years away. (Trainz 2004, 2006 and 2010).

Having downloaded Thackalane's SCS 2006 "instructions" (kuid 41009:1046) I now have this 1,414 KB .cdp file on my computer. What do I do to "open" it?
If I click on it I get an error message "Unable to register Trainz URL registry key" and if I close that, the Content Manager Plus window opens.
While trying to download the file I also saw the "Unable to register Trainz URL registry key" - which was anxiety provoking.
I am running 64-bit Windows 7.
Thanks for your help.
mbarrett

I am returning to Trainz after years away. (Trainz 2004, 2006 and 2010).

Having downloaded Thackalane's SCS 2006 "instructions" (kuid 41009:1046) I now have this 1,414 KB .cdp file on my computer. What do I do to "open" it?
If I click on it I get an error message "Unable to register Trainz URL registry key" and if I close that, the Content Manager Plus window opens.
While trying to download the file I also saw the "Unable to register Trainz URL registry key" - which was anxiety provoking.
I am running 64-bit Windows 7.
Thanks for your help.
mbarrett

Either use the import function of CM3.3, File > Import CDP's or as I do just drag and drop the CDP onto the CM window and it should install.
Its better if downloading from the DLS to use Content Manager, select DLS tab > right on item > click download

Just in case you are not aware you need to run as administrator in Win7 otherwise things dont work properly.

Thank you - so far. The download has clearly worked. There are some 40 files and two folders resulting from the SCS2006 download. Content Manager Plus is what I have, not CMP 3.3. I have done the import, I think it has worked.
I now presume (from looking at the file types) that SCS2006 operates "within" Trainz. So should it appear as a route or session or scenario in one of the Trainz 2006 menus? It doesn't.
Looking at the content of the config.txt file there is clearly is a lot of educational material there - But I still don't know how to access it.

Michael

Thank you - so far. The download has clearly worked. There are some 40 files and two folders resulting from the SCS2006 download. Content Manager Plus is what I have, not CMP 3.3. I have done the import, I think it has worked.
I now presume (from looking at the file types) that SCS2006 operates "within" Trainz. So should it appear as a route or session or scenario in one of the Trainz 2006 menus? It doesn't.
Looking at the content of the config.txt file there is clearly is a lot of educational material there - But I still don't know how to access it.

Michael

Never used it so just downloaded it, you need to add it to a session as a rule, there is a manual on the DLS as well for it, SCS2006 manual. If you download that open it for edit copy the folder somewhere you can find it then click on the scs2006manual.htm that should get you going.

Hi

SCS2006 is a rule that replaces all the other session rules in a scenario. It contains a considerable number of commands which are used to construct scenarios. While it takes some time to get to grips with, it does allow you to program trains to act in a very realistic way. For me its strongest point is the ability to make decisions automatically through the If......If Else......If End commands combined with the use of variables which don't have anything comparable in the ordinary driver commands.

You don't say which version of Trainz that you are wanting to use it in but it works well in versions from TRS2006 to TS2010. If you haven't used it before you may want to get back into Trainz for a week or two before plunging in to it.

I don't know where you downloaded it from but the TPR website has a forum for questions about its use.

http://www.trainzproroutes.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=48&sid=53ddba1fb7f5b819a6236796d3da5127

If you have any further questions either post here or on the SCS2006 forum and I or someone else will try to answer them for you.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Malc,
Once I knew what I was looking for I found the SCS2006 manual in the stuff I had already downloaded. Searching for the manual on its own in the DLS produced nothing. It is 87 pages! A bit daunting (to print) but hopefully it will make all clear. Now to find out how to attach the rest of the download to a route as a rule, as you suggest. I assume any route will do?
Michael

Thanks Malc,
Once I knew what I was looking for I found the SCS2006 manual in the stuff I had already downloaded. Searching for the manual on its own in the DLS produced nothing. It is 87 pages! A bit daunting (to print) but hopefully it will make all clear. Now to find out how to attach the rest of the download to a route as a rule, as you suggest. I assume any route will do?
Michael
Not sure about 2006 as never had it but its probably the same, on 2009 and 10 from a session its edit session from the main menu then add and scroll down to SCS2006, I would think any route would do to experiment with.

Back