TRS19 Plus - Camera Stuck on top of train

schweitzerdude

I recently bought TRS22 Plus and to my pleasant surprise, doing this also got me the "Plus" upgrade to TRS19. Thank you N3V.

As a result, I am now learning the UDS Interface. One thing I noticed is that, in Driver mode, clicking on a train to go into Chase or Lineside camera modes, the camera sometimes gets stuck on top of the train instead of nearby, and I have to try a number of mouse clicks to get unstuck. Is this a known issue?

If not, I'll try to document it more thoroughly, and then put on the bug report website.

The camera view probably thinks that the train is under a tunnel, therefore it will get stuck on top of the train.

...in Driver mode, clicking on a train to go into Chase or Lineside camera modes, the camera sometimes gets stuck on top of the train instead of nearby, and I have to try a number of mouse clicks to get unstuck. Is this a known issue?

I did experience this in early builds of TRS19 (possibly even in SP4) but have not seen it in any of the current beta builds. Are you using TRS19 SP4 (non-beta) or an SP5 pre-release (beta) build? If it is an SP4 or an early SP5 beta build issue then I suspect that it has now been fixed and you will get the fix when your SP4 is updated to SP5 - possibly in the next few weeks.

My theories.

Check that tunnel track is not being used in those areas. I got that same thing happened and found the track used had become tunnel track either from an update or a replaced kuid.

Chase mode by default is above and behind the locomotive. You can move it to the sides, scroll back and forth, and raise and lower it, but from my experience that has always been the default chase view. If you go to lineside view and there are no lineside cameras, then my experience is that it also defaults to chase view.

Check that tunnel track is not being used in those areas. I got that same thing happened and found the track used had become tunnel track either from an update or a replaced kuid.

Track used is TRS19 Trk Jarrah 5 - Procedural - Seasonal, so not tunnel. It does not happen every time - I was following one particular train and was stuck on the roof, exited the program, restarted, back to same train and it was fine. I am using TRS19 Plus, Build 114800, but I don't know the SP#.

Back