Tree Issues

WCL

Canadian National
Anyone have issues with these kinda trees to make them look like this? Depending on how the light hits them, they give off this goofy look

Who made the trees?
What's the KUID numbers of some of the trees that exhibit that issue?

Have you tried other similar trees not by this content-creator?

To me it looks like there's something wrong with the alpha-channel causing the tree-plane to be visible. That would explain why the trees appear okay at another angle.

That asset is by Toxa_batoxa. When I preview the asset in TRS19, I get leafless trees, so I wonder if it is seasonal. It is version 3.7, which may indicate android?

Asset build 3.7 is TS12.

This could very well be a season-related issue. I must experiment...

You ought to be using 3D and speedtrees in TRS22, particularly when close to the railway. There are numerous examples, including N3V's built-in versions.

Paul

I don't know what else to use that is something like that with a spline that looks good, any suggestions?
Spline trees don't look good and never did, and can cause awful stutters due to how they're constructed. You are better off placing Speed Trees and then copying and pasting them to fill the area. The performance is far better because all of these trees are rendered in your video card without the CPU needing to compile the assets first.

I took a look at those assets and it's not the seasonal effects causing that weird plain on them; it's something wrong with the assets themselves and I think it has something to do with the alpha channel.

You ought to be using 3D and speedtrees in TRS22, particularly when close to the railway. There are numerous examples, including N3V's built-in versions.

Paul
What are some good speedtree kuids to use?? or some names of them to use??

What are some good speedtree kuids to use?? or some names of them to use??
Look for RMM's trees. They begin with st_rmm_.

There are different sizes and common species, although the names are Russian. His big oak trees really, really look nice and so do his various birches and weeping willows. I use his trees almost exclusively on my routes with a small smattering of Roys Trainz's trees, and some by mcguirel.

Are there any decent tree splines to get?? As if their were, I would just do an asset replace thing, I didnt know all these were single trees and would take way to long to place all these things

Here's a few I found but don't know anything about. They are all old versions, 1.3 - 2.0. They are in my installed and I haven't checked the DLS for more. I sorted by type and used "tree" in the filter then dropped down to Splines:
<kuid:-1:103122> Trees Mixed2
<kuid:-1:1026> Tree Spline
<kuid2:60349:37106:2> 2D Backdrop Tree Row
<kuid2:9999:937010:1> FMA Tree row 1
<kuid:9999:937143> PG Spring tree group poplar 37143
<kuid:-1:100597> Tree Spline Mix High
<kuid:9999:937149> PG Spring tree group poplar 37149
<kuid:-1:101126> Trees Pines
<kuid:-25:902> Tree Spline Mix Low
<kuid:-1:101121> Trees Mixed
<kuid:-1:101131> Trees Pines1
<kuid:-1:101132> Trees Pines2
<kuid:-1:101133> Trees Pines3
<kuid:-1:101130> Trees Pines low2
<kuid:-1:101129> Trees Pines low
<kuid:-1:100511> Trees Shrubs
<kuid:-1:101134> Trees Snowpines low1
<kuid:-1:101136> Trees Snowpines low2
<kuid:-1:1027> Trees Spline 980

Are there any decent tree splines to get?? As if their were, I would just do an asset replace thing, I didnt know all these were single trees and would take way to long to place all these things
Create clumps of Speed Trees and then copy and paste them over areas. Starting with a small clump, copy that and then as the clump gets larger, reselect that and paste that down. I've covered large areas with Speed Trees in minutes. If you are using TRS22 PE or the Plus-version, you can use Surveyor 2.0 and create a Scrapbook item. A Scrapbook item can be saved and used on multiple routes and can either be placed in large areas, or the contents can be brushed on. The brush is really useful when planting trees.

The reason for using the Speed Trees is spline-trees don't render very well. Many of them always look brown, look like sheets of plastic with three images printed on them, and are also CPU intensive due to how they're created. Even with current GPUs, I've seen micro stutters on routes that have spline-trees because of this. If you do decide to use them, use them sparingly because of this issue.

Back