Trainz Riddlez

A train enters a tunnel at 7 o'clock. Another train enters the exact same tunnel at the other end, also at 7 o'clock on the same day. The tunnel has only one track, no passing places and no other means for the trains to pass, around, under or over. However, both trains made it safely through the tunnel. How?

7 AM and 7 PM?

Time to bump this thread:
I travel faster than any other train in my country, but I'm built to a narrower gauge than the rest of the trains in my country.

Time to bump this thread:
I travel faster than any other train in my country, but I'm built to a narrower gauge than the rest of the trains in my country.
This makes me think of Queensland Rail's 'Tilt Train', being built for 3ft 6 gauge track and going 160kph (100mph), however this is probably incorrect. :p

I am lead to believe that the Tilt Train is the fastest narrow-gauge train in the world, too, however I am most happy to be proven incorrect on that point.

Kieran.

This makes me think of Queensland Rail's 'Tilt Train', being built for 3ft 6 gauge track and going 160kph (100mph), however this is probably incorrect. :p

I am lead to believe that the Tilt Train is the fastest narrow-gauge train in the world, too, however I am most happy to be proven incorrect on that point.

Kieran.

I thought this too, but I changed to the Shinkansen,

Kieran.

Actually, I think you are correct on that one.

nicky9499 is correct about the Shinkansen.
Now for a hint:
It has something in common with state-funded Amtrak Cascades service.

Back