Trainz never fails to amaze me...

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
I was downloading some routes in TRS22 and closed out. Decided to reopen 5 minutes later to check on something...and it decided to rebuild the database and "update asset translations", whatever that is.

I just closed out of the game after it finished downloading what it needed to. I had a filter for content installed on a specific date, in case I wanted to delete them...

Nothing really big, just being a bit petty I guess. I'll let it rebuild the database and just turn this off. On the subject, has the window headed "Building Trainz Asset Database" ever ruined one time you played Trainz?

EDIT:Oh, and it logged me out....:Y:

Last edited:
You might argue with Trainz's methods, but not its rational. Usually if it wants to repair, it found a good reason.

Doing database repairs are lightning fast compared to the old days in TS12 when it would take hours to do them.

I hardly have it where Trainz closes on its own and then does that. Instead what I have is that sometimes Trainz will just nothing more than a meltdown that usually involves rebuilding the entire local content folders to fix the problems... oh how fun this part is...

Cheers

I know that Trainz does a repair for a good reason, but I have no idea why it needed to do it this time. I might just do a fresh install...all of my content should take up less space anyway...

I was thinking of buying an SD card and moving my database to it to save storage (even though I got plenty of it left), would that be fine or too slow for Trainz?

EDIT: So what's going on is that, after some time, both of the repair windows stop entirely, and the program freezes. All of my settings are reset and I am logged out each time I reopen the program and try and log back in. If I click on "Developer" and do a manual DBR myself, it does it instantly. Should I do a fresh install, reinstall TRS22 but keep the install, or redo everything? I got an FCT active, so I guess it wouldn't be TOO painful...

Last edited:
SD card is fine to backup to, though I wouldn't run it off the SD card. Do you have different versions of Trains going to the same user directory by chance? Sounds like you are caught in a loop. I have seen where people have deleted some files to get Trainz to behave, which I can't remember. Starting from scratch is one option though.

Nope, I only have TRS22 installed on my computer. Looks like I am in a loop - starts the repair and logs me out, restarts my settings, freezes after a minute or two at various points. When I close out, it closes the windows, but I need to force quit the app, and then rinse and repeat. Do you have an idea of which files that I may need to delete to get it fixed? Maybe the internet cache?

Last edited:
Nope, I only have TRS22 installed on my computer. Looks like I am in a loop - starts the repair and logs me out, restarts my settings, freezes after a minute or two at various points. When I close out, it closes the windows, but I need to force quit the app, and then rinse and repeat. Do you have an idea of which files that I may need to delete to get it fixed? Maybe the internet cache?

Try that and the cache/libraries folder as well. Don't delete the folders, just the contents! :)

There's another thing you can do but try this first and see if it works. The other is more drastic

The libraries folder...it's safe to delete those contents? Nothing will break? And after, should I do a manual repair?

I'm curious, what would be the drastic method? And thank you to everyone for your help!!

EDIT: Getting tired of this, I might just do a complete reinstall of Trainz...

EDIT 2: I never thought it would actually work! TRS22 finally stopped bugging and I'm loading up the PLL right now. Would it still be safe to delete the content in the caches/libraries folder or just the internet cache?

Last edited:
The libraries folder...it's safe to delete those contents? Nothing will break? And after, should I do a manual repair?

I'm curious, what would be the drastic method? And thank you to everyone for your help!!

EDIT: Getting tired of this, I might just do a complete reinstall of Trainz...

EDIT 2: I never thought it would actually work! TRS22 finally stopped bugging and I'm loading up the PLL right now. Would it still be safe to delete the content in the caches/libraries folder or just the internet cache?

Clearing out the cache/internet is okay. Clear out the cache/libraries folder when you've had constant crashing. Sometimes a cached script can become corrupted and that can cause the crashing. You were lucky this time around.

Back