Trainz Multi player is Stupid

meathelix_pig

So I love trainz, me and my dad are big fans so we want to play each others map but we have to upload it to the DLC Zone and it can take 5 days to do so....wtf....why cant we just copy our maps to each other's pc like other games? I find the trainz MP system is stupid :p maybe make it more user friendly.

I think alot of people may agree with you that it would work better on a LAN. I have no idea what it would take for the developer to make it so, but perhaps you should post that in the suggestion boxcar forum. I would myself, but I don't like to post a lot!:eek:

Hi and welcome to Trainz.

Good first post, starting with complaining. Reminds me of my first post.

The uploading only takes 2 days; If you want to make a point, dont start with blowing up commonly known facts.
I have no big problems with 1-2 days (if it was 5 days I would). This prevent some people a bit from blindly uploading every piece of crap they made, although some content on the DLS proves that it didnt really stop some other people.

I assume the reason N3V did it this way is to force people to have a registered version. You dont even have a registered game so personally I think untill that time your (the OP) opinion doesnt really mean that much.

I agree. It seems some users want to access maps(routes/sessions) without registering their version.

This usually indicates one of two things:

1.A user who is not willing to register their serial number. This may indicate game sharing.
2.A user who is using an illegitimate version.

The other issue in that area is that the patches cannot be installed on a version that is not registered with N3V.

meathelix_pig:
You must register your serial number with N3V in order to get support here,, as well as to be able to patch your game.

Shane

Last edited:
Yea well just so you know I do have a legit copy......this is a old account...so....Im just saying that other games are better organized then trainz MP I payed $50 for something extra content and still looks the same as the older versions.....I could go on and on about trainz... but I wont...I just find it stupid on how MP works and such, Why are they building small mods and crap for Iphones and Ipods when there is still MP to be fixed and less buggy....I get 500 ping to a host who is sitting right next to me wtf.... Gratz shane you have over 8000 posts....funny how you go straight to the illegal side of things because im angry about a game that is not up to scratch and I am a Australian :) lol

Yea well just so you know I do have a legit copy......this is a old account
That only proves that 5+ years ago you also didnt have a copy of the game registered ;).

If you indeed have a legal copy of the game, you might wanne do the 20 seconds of work to actually register it to your account.
I think that will be the only way to stop the illegal version discussion.

If you say "go on and on ... but wont" then.... dont. O and again... serious, if you do go on and want to make a point, start with getting your facts right; it makes people take the rest of your text more serious. Example from your last post: They build it for Ipad, not Iphones or Ipod.

Oh darn :( I'm Australian too :confused:
I should never have registered all my versions :'(

logoswg.jpg

Yes, they will be beaten into submission by the forum police.

I'm not the only one who doesn't like users who do not register their serial numbers, as without the station stops (which are created by registering a valid serial number), there is no way of knowing the legitimacy of their version.

The advice I normally give to unregistered users is to contact Helpdesk if they have indeed registered a serial number.

Shane

OK - now that issue is cleared up, I can start to answer your issues properly.

Firstly, the reason that MP sessions have to be uploaded to the Download Station is to make sure that only registered users of the game can access the session. (This may smell of anti-piracy but it's the best method of avoiding issues).

Secondly, the average turnaround for a Download Station upload is a few days due to a synchronisation glitch between Content Manager and the Download Station servers. The actual upload takes a few hours if uploaded at the right time (between 6PM and 8PM AEST).

Shane

Boo said the Goat

WoooT Cobber!/s!
Welcome to Trainz to you and your Dad!!!! :wave:

Since original Trainz members have always requested that new users register their serial numbers.
Sorry if it seems harsh but it aint gonna change anytime soon.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
OK - now that issue is cleared up, I can start to answer your issues properly.

Firstly, the reason that MP sessions have to be uploaded to the Download Station is to make sure that only registered users of the game can access the session. (This may smell of anti-piracy but it's the best method of avoiding issues).

Secondly, the average turnaround for a Download Station upload is a few days due to a synchronisation glitch between Content Manager and the Download Station servers. The actual upload takes a few hours if uploaded at the right time (between 6PM and 8PM AEST).

Shane

This sounds like me at work. No SR (Helpdesk Ticket), no help. Period.

John

Back