Trainz in 3D

azurerail

Hello,

I have found a new way for surveyors to place objects even more accurately. I have just acquired a pair of 3D anaglyph glasses (RED AND CYAN), and i have found it to be incredibly useful for creating a multitude of scenes in surveyor. I hated that before i used 3D, that roads sometimes never actually make contact with with the ground on flat terrain. But with 3D i found it very easy to lay road splines far more accurately, and closer to the actual ground, making it look far more realistic . Have you ever layed track on a mountain and thought it looked good in surveyor and then you drive a train and theres a sharp unrealistic bump or hill in the track?. There's a way to avoid this forever now, yep 3D, modeling in 3D does take some getting used to, but reakes reward when you get comfortable with it. I personally haven't mastered it yet as its only been a month since i got my pair of 3d glasses from ebay. Also 3D is Awesome in Gmax, for those creating content. Another thing ive found useful in Surveyor with 3D, is the ability perceive the "massiveness" of mountains more accurately. Its amazing to look of a mountain you,ve created onboard your loco at the valley and towns below.You can really get a sense of height in trainz 3D, and i couldn't live without it now. All its cost me to go 3D is AUD $2.00, no need for a 3D monitor ether. Anaglyph works Perfectly on any LCD monitor. As for 3D drivers, IZ3D Driver is my preference over NVIDEA's 3D driver, IZ3D is far more fun with Trainz or even FSX (What a Blast it is in FSX too!). IZ3D Driver is free for anaglyph usage, but costs if you go with a 3D Monitor with Shutter glasses (NOTE: While Anaglyph is a great way to go 3D as its cheaper than a 3D monitor with Shutter Glasses, Anaglyph has color limits, But its really only a small backfall.), Below i have a table of 3D technology that you can use with trainz. 1=Cheapest 10= Most Expensive. I employ you all to give 3D a go if you haven't already gone 3D. 3D is the only way to play games these day's, So why dont we Simmers adopt 3D for ourselves?. I believe you'll Love Trainz in 3D, it did not take long for me to switch, iI LOVE being a 3D Trainzer. Tell me what you all think about this? is 3D for you too?.

(3D TECH)

1: Anaglyph (RED /CYAN: Color Limit= Reds are poor, it is precived as White or yellow. Brilliant Greens and blues, or any other than red- vilot.

2: Anaglyph (Green-Magenta) There is No color limit. But its really hard to find drivers for Green-Magenta anaglyph glasses, its also hard to find the glasses too. I recommend DIY for the glasses.

3: Polarized Super imposed (Requires Special Monitor). No Color Limit.

4: Intra-pol 3D: HD Capable, Requires IR Transmitter and special Glasses

5: SIDE BY SIDE 3D:HD capable (Requires Special 3D Shutter Technology) Brilliant Color

6: NU-Vision 3D: HD ALL: Requires special 3D monitor and glasses. Produces Little or No Ghosting. Sharp Edges. Technology can only be bought as a package deal. This is the Best and most expensive i found, If you know even better 3D Technology Please Let me know, Im always surfing the net looking for new 3D technology.

Reguards:
Azurerail "Jared Walsh"

Hello azurerail,

I foud this post fascinating as I am looking to convert my Trainz experience into 3D.

:)

Regards, mimes.

Back