Trainz going into Fatal Error, any help?

scratchy

Strayan
Up until a couple of days ago Trainz 2009 was working fine for me (the joke of a download station being another matter). After installing a load of 3rd party content and starting trainz I went to view it in surveyor. tThe downloaded objects worked fine however even clicking on the loco tab would send it into fatal error. I disabled all the content I downloaded that day but it still does it. I've done a extended database repair as well. Even driver sessions with none of the downloaded locos in them still crash.
I am now the most frustrated Trainzer in the world and am seriously thinking about moving over to Railworks, a game that as far as i know doesn't drive you insane with all its problems...

Any help? Anyone else experienced this?
Thanks

Hello

Hi just wondering when was the last time you reinstalled the game or even did a PC clean up? Try that 1st you might even picked up a virus in one of the downloads!!

System Restore what a Joke

System Restore. ;) :hehe: :hehe:

Regards.

LOL it's not that great sys restrore i don't bother if a PC gets that bad i format & reinstall window. A frash start is always the best way
& this is what MS doesn't tell you when ya buy windows you r meant to do reinstall every 6 to 12 months max to keep ya PC run at it's peck so for that note "BACKUP YOUR FILES EVERY MONTH" so then if it comes down to that you have to reinstall windown ya don't lost most of your files!!!

LOL it's not that great sys restrore i don't bother if a PC gets that bad i format & reinstall window. A frash start is always the best way
& this is what MS doesn't tell you when ya buy windows you r meant to do reinstall every 6 to 12 months max to keep ya PC run at it's peck so for that note "BACKUP YOUR FILES EVERY MONTH" so then if it comes down to that you have to reinstall windown ya don't lost most of your files!!!

I use Windows Vista, and System Restore has restored my user account to working condition whenever it has gone corrupt. ;) It is not that bad, I guess it all depends on your computer, and also your personal opinion (of course). ;) :hehe:

Regards.

Last edited:
:)

I use Windows Vista, and System Restore has restored my user account to working condition whenever it has gone corrupt. ;) It is not that bad, I guess it all depends on your computer, and also your personal opinion (of course). ;) :hehe:

Regards.

well i'm a XP user i hate Vista but i also wouldn't b a XP user is every thing today still worked on windows 95c with true DOS & yeah i'm a PC tach so been working on PC for over 10+ years used all DOS & windows from win 3.0 with DOS 4+ to win XP

so you think that'll do it then? Ok. Ill give it a shot. Thanks for all the input guys

Well, it will fix any corruption of the operating system files or of your user account, etc., but it will either not do anything at all to your Trainz installation, or it will revert any changes you have made to your Trainz files (including installing new content) to the way they were at the time and date listed on the restore point.

Regards.

unfortunatly I don't think that has fixed the problem:( :( I'm just running another database repair as a last resort...
Do you think upgrading to SP4 would do anything or just confuse it more?

Hello again

unfortunatly I don't think that has fixed the problem:( :( I'm just running another database repair as a last resort...
Do you think upgrading to SP4 would do anything or just confuse it more?

well it might fix it!!! it is always best to be on the lasters SP upgrade it may well be that what u downloader needs the SP4 to run it

ok, i guess ill have to leave it for the moment then. The really weird thing is that everything works fine surveyor wise, except the loco tab and also when i try to load a driver session with any locos on. It just ends up freezing on the load page.
Guess i'll be playing Trainz without the trainz for a while.
thanks

Hello again

try this back up all your stuff in TRS then unistall TRS then reinstall it & run the game see how that goes if it runs right then slowly put all ya stuff back in to the game one by one 2 find the prob if it still stuffs up with a fresh instill then it might not b the game it might b something 2 do with ya Hardware to your PC like RAM or video card just something to thing about before you get antmore pissed off with the game & good luck with it:)

ok, i guess ill have to leave it for the moment then. The really weird thing is that everything works fine surveyor wise, except the loco tab and also when i try to load a driver session with any locos on. It just ends up freezing on the load page.
Guess i'll be playing Trainz without the trainz for a while.
thanks

There are a few things that you can try. For example, in options make sure OpenGL is checked. If it is give Direct X a shot. Also, using CM check the offending assets for errors and/or missing dependencies. Asset Errors and Missing Dependencies can cause trains to crash/freeze because the game is trying to load assets that are not there or faulty in some way. Be sure to check the route itself in CM.

tomurban

Last edited:
Might also be worth checking if your DirectX files are up to date as well (it may sound odd, but I've seen several instances where fatal errors have happened and the DirectX files were too old)

Shane

Back